The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #26
moregrip

Re: The Mother Trucker.. FX Race Cars, Porterbuilt, Dyess Designs 68 coil over build

Awesome starting point! Those brakes.....wow!
Posted via Mobile Device
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #27
mooseknuckles

Re: The Mother Trucker.. FX Race Cars, Porterbuilt, Dyess Designs 68 coil over build

wow!...awesome build.
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #28
moggey01

Hey I have a question, does anybody know if someone sells a (REAR) outer cab panel? I am replacing cab corners , floor, and lower front, but I want to replace the metal between the cab corners as well. I can make something if I have to, but I would rather just buy about 7-9" of the back of the cab. I did not see this in the LMC catalog. As far as updates I worked about 4 hours today grinding body mount rivets. Next week will be the rear suspension tear down and start the C-Notch mockup. Thanks for checking my stuff out and your input.
moggey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #29
moggey01

A few more pics from today . I started test fitting the front crossmember , and the core support drop mount and crossmember . More rivet removal , so tomorrow will be on the rear suspension removal and try to get the new rear mocked up . Hopefully by next weekend I am done with rivet removal and the c-notches will be in place . I have to get the frame welded where someone torched it (I dont know why) and I want to weld the rust rotten spots and fill holes that will not be used . Also I have pics of Nathans body drop mounts that I lightened a while back . There will be some tubing helping support the cab as well so it is not that big of a deal to get some weight off here.
Attached Images

Last edited by moggey01; 11-17-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: pics
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #30
72chevyfleet
Learning As I Go

just an opinion but i dont think these trucks look good chopped but its yours and either way its going to handle like a dream
Old 11-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #31
moggey01

And an update from this weekend. Stock rear suspension has been removed as well as trailing arm crossmember. Porter built crossmember has been fit, and now fitting the C-notches. Right side is close , and I still have to fit the left. Once it is in place I will mock up the rear end and the braces to see where (or if) stuff will fit.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #32
mightymouse

looking good!
mightymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #33
VA72C10
VA72C10

Nice project!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #34
moggey01

Ok I made a little progress. I have the rear end mocked up to see where I have to fabricate more stuff. The plan is to bolt the C notch in next week and have everything ready to go on the jig. There is no telling how out of square everything is so I will start with the body mounts and put the new floor on and fit it to the trailing arm cross member . Currently I am only able to work on it about 4 or 5 hours a week. The C notch will have some more reinforcement when its all said and done. The bracing on the trailing arms looks kind of close to the frame as well. The main thing is to get the chassis squared up before welding any thing in. The size of the rear end housing also makes things more complicated , I am using a rear end with 3.5 axle tubes so some of the stuff like the panhard bar and shocks may not clear. I will know more in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Last edited by moggey01; 12-09-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: pics
Old 01-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
moggey01

A few more updates the chassis is pretty much fitted with Nathans stuff. It will be put on a jig before the C-notches are cut. The frame will be braced on the jig as well. The new floor has be fitted on the frame and cut for the crossmember. The trans tunnel still has to be cut when the engine /trans mock up begins. I did check with a digital level the floor, and both the front, and rear crossmembers they are within 3/10 of a degree while sitting on jack stands. I dont have the newest pics with the floor on the frame but they will be up soon. Also on the way are 2 aluminum fuel tanks from Mark Fowler (the fuel cell guy) . 1 will be a rear mount for a raised floor, with more capacity and weight. The other will be a front mount off of the core support/ fender for the nitrous fuel. Anyway stuff is being worked on but I am slow and getting things posted . LOL
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #36
moggey01

Pics from the engine shop are will be up in a little while. There is some really trick stuff I will post from my engine guy ( Taylor Lastor TRE). If you like billet check back.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #37
moggey01

ok back for more . The oil pan is a billet oil pan that uses an integral mount for the dry sump pump. It is direct feed with no lines , this is a really nice set up. The block is a billet block for Taylors Pro Mod. I will enclose pics of the billet blank Australian Pro Stock heads, the ports are not complete on this particular set. The cast set is my heads that I will be using on my truck its a standard type big block Chevy head. The valve seat angles are being changed at the shop, I cut the new angles on the valves today.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #38
moggey01

Australian small block heads before cnc, and the F.I. nitrous manifold. This manifold combo has run 158 m.p.h. at the 1/8th in a legal drag radial car.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #39
G Man

That is going to be awesome. Looks awesome
G Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #40
67cheby
67cheby

WOW, WOW .......and one more WOW !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #41
moggey01

Slow on updates but here we go. The frame mock up has been disassembled and the frame put on the chassis jig. The right front corner is high so the frame will be straightened this week (hopefully) . Any way it will be sandblasted and the plate will be added to box the frame and the reinforcements will be added. I am also going to lighten the cab floor some on the bottom side before it is welded in the cab. This stuff takes time so it will be slow!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by moggey01; 02-05-2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: pics
Old 02-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #42
moggey01

A little more updating . The cab fixture was built today. The idea is to keep the cab square while being able to replace cab cowl upper and firewall, floor and cab corners and rockers. Hopefully it works as planned. The chassis is going to the sandblaster and will have all the nuts welded in place for bolt on stuff. The frame will be boxed and reinforced with more tubing. Its slow progress but it is making some progress, and alot of the demands from the race car customers have to come first. So it limits me with my project because I only have 1 day to mess with it. In the next month the guys at FX should have things going pretty good. The Fuel Cell guy sent my tanks and they fit perfect. I have to alter the mount flange some because of the bumper drop.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #43
72chevynoob

Awesome build! Subscribed!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #44
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Subscribed...

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green
My Old Farm Truck SOLD
C10_ustacould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #45
ddubbs

Man this is coming along nicely. Can't rush perfection.
Posted via Mobile Device
Projects
56 Chevy pickup Porterbuilt FR/RR dropmembers
ddubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #46
moggey01

Its starting to get there , theres ALOT OF IMPERFECTION that has to be dealt with first. LOl I have switched to a stepside bed, it will save some time over the fleet bed issues I had. I will see what has been done this week on Sunday. Thanks for the interest in my project to everyone that has responded . I dont have alot of time to post so thanks , this thing will be differant in alot of ways , safety and the speed have to go hand in hand. The chassis is still stock c/10 frame rails but it will have to handle some pretty serious power. Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be some welcome changes. LOL I am tired of rusty looking stuff.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #47
moggey01

Some work on the cab. Again getting rid of rust . Floor ,rockers and cab corners are out. The front fender mounts were "kind of rusty" so a trip to Rheas Chevys was made to get replacement parts . Thanks Bobby!!! Anyway I will be working on the floor later on today while the cab corners may make some progress. An update will be in later Sunday.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #48
moggey01

.....And when you thaught you could not remove any more metal .... BAMM! The floor has to be fitted to the pillars and fender mounts , so a slide was built to locate the floor in the same spot every time something else was fit. This fixture is really a trick piece that Robert built. Now the upper cowl and firewall are gone and all the fitting and fab starts. The cowl support into the pillars will all be fabbed metal and boxed in the pillars. Hopefully next week I some some of the completed floor and pillars and so forth.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #49
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Man you're not messing around with this thing are you.

Looks like she is going to be a sweet truck when done.

BTW hello from Aldine.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #50
moggey01

I figure this is my last effort at building something for me, so I want it to be right in every way possible {what I can afford}. This truck had more rust tan I thaught, but I did not pay much for it. I would really be mad had I paid several thousand more and find out that I had to replace alot of stuff. Progress has been slow but I think in the next few months there will be some progress in the right direction. Again thanks to everyone for their kind words and encouragement , LOL I need it at this point.
Mark