The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
Chris_oz

1970 Longhorn “build” of sorts.

Hi all,

I have decided to start a thread where I can ask questions as I move along with the repair and restoration on my C20.
I don’t plan on doing a frame off restoration, it does not require it, nor do I have the time & money to do it right.
It is going to be a driver, but I intend to get all options working, like my other cars and tidy it to a neat a comfortable state.

A brief history of the vehicle.
The original hand written quote from the dealer is dated Tuesday, 18th Nov 1969, deposit of $1000 paid.
The build sheet and window sheet, are dated Thursday, 21st November.
Final buyer contract is dated Friday, 4th Dec 1969.
The first Registration papers, paid for 17th Dec 69, these were in the glove box, still in the DMV envelope.

It had a camper fitted late in 1971, ordered from ANZA Camper Sales, invoice dated 14th August 1971.
He shopped local, the Chevrolet dealership being only 5 miles from where he lived, it is still in the same location today.

The car was retitled in July 2017, when sold at a deceased estate clearing, it still had the camper on it according to the importer I bought it off.

So far I am more than happy with the vehicle, it is nice thing to drive, door seals are good, cab is rattle free, it appears to have been well looked after.

I am looking forward to getting it passed for rego and begin the repairs.
Attached Images

Chris_oz is offline   Reply With Quote