The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
Coley

Smile What is the most you have ever won?...lucky?

i was curious as to what the most any of the forum members have ever won in a contest or a draw?....do you have a natural lucky streak?
....could be a local meat draw at the lodge or could have been a major lottery.

I ask this because I was talking with one of my sisters the other day and i was joking with how lucky she is sometimes and how much she has won...lol.

With very little effort...in the past she has won a complete 17' pleasure boat/trailer/motor package,...then separately, a restored 67' Chev SS, several local large meat draws, and even tho' she or my BIL are not gamblers...she usually comes back from Las Vegas with more money than she went down with...lol.
I joked that I was going to get her to buy lottery tickets for me....and we'd split it.

Anyhow, on my end of things I think the most I have ever won in a single event was around $200....in a hockey pool.
That is the extent of my luck so in such matters....lol.

How about you or your family?

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:32 PM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: What is the most you have ever won?...lucky?

This is "no Sh$t" - One of my shore duty assignments was as a Navy recruiter in Las Vegas, NV back in 79. My step dad came out and stayed with me once, he gambled a lot. So earlier a local business owner of Young Billboards taught me how to play way tickets at Keno. I'm out with 'dad' and tried to show him my process and filled one out for him, told him to go play it. He blew me off as a an ignorant and played his own ticket. When he got back to the table and they pulled the numbers, of course he didn't win. I told him to look at the ticket I made for him - All six numbers won hit on a way ticket that had 1 six, 3 twos, 3 fours. I think he would have won $12,000.00 then.
Ya I'm an idiot.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #3
Coley

$12,000?.....that was a serious chunk of money in 1979....probably the equivalent of $150K today in modern inflated dollars.....the fish that got away.

man, that would come in handy, lol

C.
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Old 11-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #4
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Win something? ....me?!....you must be kidding. I have never won anything and it's not for the lack of trying.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:04 PM   #5
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

We had a 'check pool' for years at work, everyone threw in a buck, best poker hand from the check numbers won the pot. Don't think I ever won. Our supervisor was lucky and won more often than anyone else.

Only thing I can remember winning was a medium-sized plastic cooler from a local grocery store.

It's a good thing I'm not a gambler...

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #6
Advanced Design

While I’ve never won anything, my wife once won the $1,000 grand prize at the fund raising raffle the Catholic Church holds every Labor Day. This was after 40 years of trying. She danced all the way to their office, still not believing she won. It was so cute.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:32 PM   #7
Red71gmc

$1000 in a ticket drawing. Four different times 4-6k at blackjack on winning streaks.
Disclaimer, I'm confident I'm not ahead over the years at blackjack as I have lost several smaller amounts. If you want to make a friend quick bet for the dealer too when on a winning streak. Makes for a fun stretch for all. It's all in good fun as long as you don't loose to much and just quit if it is not your night. Never take it serious or you always loose.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:48 PM   #8
3757chevy

I won a T shirt ...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...5&postcount=31
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:03 PM   #9
trucksntrains

I've won 25 bucks on a Powerball ticket once. Also won several movie passes on radio contest. Never win the "big" prizes though.
trucksntrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:36 PM   #10
davischevy

Unfortunately I am one of the people that fund the winners.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #11
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Me?...never....
Ive got a close friend that I swear has a gold horseshoe stuck up his @$$....a guy I work withs wife is very lucky...unreal at how she makes out...

Then there's my mom...very very lucky...she won life over cancer...

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:59 PM   #12
'63GENIII

Last year went to a "guys" Christmas Party. Bunch of husbands of my wife's girlfriends. Was kinda neat to get the invite as these are a bunch of life long friends inviting an "outsider" to the big party. Minimum was 100.00 present with no max. I brought a Damascus knife making kit. It was a real nice one too.

Was a real fun night. Gift exchange was complemented with threats of bodily harm and vandalism of each others houses. Again, a great time.

Ended up "getting - winning" a super nice crossbow, extra arrows, a knot tying book, a Holy Bible (which I thought was kinda weird knowing the guy that brought it) and a 200$ gift card to one of the nicest, oldest restaurants in the area. Not exactly a lottery but a crazy nice gift for the wife and I! I honestly think the gift was meant for someone else.

In the end there were a couple of guys that went to blows over a Yeti cooler and an aluminum floor jack that got away.

Invites went out in early November last year. Guess they're not giving me a second shot this year.

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:22 AM   #13
geezer#99

Six years ago I won 20,000 on the Hometown Heroes Lottery out here on the coast. Coley will know what that is. We have a bunch of lotteries out here that help support the children’s hospital etc.
Friend’s and neighbours said we should invest it. Not a chance.
Used it as ‘mad money’. Bought all the little things that seemed so pricy before. Clothes, shoes, furniture, a quick trip back home to visit family.
Took us about 6 months to spend it.
Would I do it again like that?
Yupper!
Easy come, easy go!
geezer#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:44 AM   #14
el_fantasma

$50 at a nickel slot machine at the Vegas airport waiting for my flight
Old 11-26-2018, 08:48 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

I have been given 100x more than I have ever won. Probably found more laying on the ground . A few years ago I won a Greenlight (brand name) 1/64 scale early Bronco door prize at a farm toy auction. But the other win in my life was the biggun! A building supply outfit puts on a shindig with food, bluegrass, and vendors (free pencils) at the fairgrounds every January and they draw names for door prizes. I won a set of right/straight/left Wiss aircraft snips!!! Color-coded grips and all. I called them aircraft snips instead of tin snips cuz it makes them sound more expensive. I must say they have come in handy.

BTW, both times I was extremely surprised and pleasantly delighted that I actually won anything at all.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:14 AM   #16
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Ive won a few things over the years from radio contests and such. Nothing big, but all kind of cool just because I actually won something.

I think I made a post a year or two ago about being on the list of people, family I mostly didn't know, as part of an inheritance from a aunt or cousin way down the line that passed. She had no immediate family, no will, and had amassed when all was said and done around 8 million dollars (ugh, not positive on the money any more). In the end it turned out there were tiers that put you in a category of how much you would receive. Me and my four siblings were bottom feeders lol. The only reason we were even on the list is because our mother had passed and so her share was divided by four. She wasn't even that high on the list. Several people got some very large chunks of money in the hundreds of thousands. My brother joked he would be happy if we got enough for a nice dinner haha. It finally all played out a short while back and we ended up with decent sized checks of about 7500 bucks. So I suppose that would be considered a lucky win =)
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #17
Mudder

Won a sheep (real live) at the fair one year. Lived in town. Won 12,000 lottery at work but had to split it.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #18
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Won a sheep (real live) at the fair one year.
Oh man what a one-upper LOL! Did you keep it? Maybe use it to keep the lawn mowed?

Such a funny prize haha.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #19
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Won a sheep (real live) at the fair one year. Lived in town. Won 12,000 lottery at work but had to split it.
Dr Dolittle stopped at a MO farm to ask if he could talk to the animals , So the farmer agreed ,First he talked to the horse and asked how's the farmer treating you ? the horse said Farmers a good man , Good grass clean water , Yep nice place to live . Next he talked to the cow and the cow responded in kind .Yes the farmers a good man . Then the Dr was heading over to talk to the sheep ...The farmer quickly stopped him and said NO talk to sheep ! Sheep LIE !

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #20
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I won plane tickets to Vancouver once in a work raffle. Pretty sure it was rigged cuz I did a favor for the owner tho...Still took that flight.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #21
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Dr Dolittle stopped at a MO farm to ask if he could talk to the animals , So the farmer agreed ,First he talked to the horse and asked how's the farmer treating you ? the horse said Farmers a good man , Good grass clean water , Yep nice place to live . Next he talked to the cow and the cow responded in kind .Yes the farmers a good man . Then the Dr was heading over to talk to the sheep ...The farmer quickly stopped him and said NO talk to sheep ! Sheep LIE !

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #22
Shorty Cox

I'm not lucky at all. Never won anything although I have tried. I could not get lucky in a cat house with a fist full of hundred dollar bills!

If it was raining hundred dollar bills, the banker would have me picking them up for him at minimum wage.
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #23
Coley

....one positive thing was I won $100 a few weeks ago in a local lottery.
Even with a small amount like this its nice surprise and good for the pocket change...lol.

I buy major lottery tickets from time to time....but not too often. Clearly, its not a great bet in terms of the odds.

One thing that I support tho' are the occasional classic car raffle....but although fun, has never yielded anything but paper stubs...l so I simply continue on with my '72.
A bird in the hand....lol

C.
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Old 11-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #24
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Money-wise? Like $20 - seriously

I've won a bunch of small door prizes in the $5-50 range.

I hit the love lottery when I met my wife 15 years ago. Money and things are just a bonus
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #25
morepwr

I almost never gamble but I was in Reno for Hot August Nights 3 years ago and decided to play a slot machine for the heck of it. I put in a $20 bill and started playing and hit a few small things and soon I had $50 and I was happy as can be! I played a few more spins when it hit the progressive jackpot on that machine for $8100!! I just stood there staring at the machine in complete disbelief! That was by far the luckiest I have ever been!!