The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Red Tractors

Red truck, Blue truck

Greetings from the land of incessant rust! You have no idea how I envy you guys from the south and west.

I'm new to the forum, but not new to tinkering with old trucks, I had a '68 CST for years before letting it go to a better home. (Too nice a truck for everyday).

The red '72 (Old Red) has been in the family since '93, Dad just retired it in favor of a '93 GMC K-1500, Red has been a heck of a good truck, but there is not much left of her cab, 41 years of Ohio winters take their toll. Mechanically it's in great shape.
The '71 Cheyenne was a Craigslist find that just arrived home today. Pretty well beat up, and without a motor but mainly complete and an original air cab. She's ugly, but pretty solid for a truck out of Michigan.

The plan was to fix the cab on the '71, media blast it and move it too the '72, then salvage whatever is left on the blue one. Doubt has crept into my mind now and I might try and save them both. I could fix the cab and drop in a junkyard 305 and have a runner (fairly) quickly.

I'll be clearing a work area in the barn soon so I can get going on the blue one, I'll fix the cab before I make a decision on her survival. Maybe between now and then I'll find another salvageable cab and it will live to see the road again.

The '72 step side is a Long bed.
Red Tractors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Rusbuilt

Re: Red truck, Blue truck

Cool, keep us updated! Welcome to the board!
Rusbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
70c10stepside

Re: Red truck, Blue truck

Sweet man!
70c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote