The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
midniteblues

67 boyertown body truck

A friend of mine has been playing with this for a while now. he is nearing the end of replaceing the tired i6 4spd with a 350/350 combo. Im sorry i couldnt get better pics but these should give you a pretty good idea. the kids love to ride in it with the doors wide open just puttin around town. he has the back set up with a tv and seats and a table that can lay flat for a bed his plans are to make a "beach runner" going down to the shore with a cool ride and never paying for a room 4 a weekend is well worth the $ he payed for it. when he gets it up n running again i'll get better pics. I thought the fender emblems are cool they are really big an would neat peice for any pics really dont show it well but the cowl panel is really unique in shape. he's been toying the idea on chopping the top but is really undecided. i guess it was a bread truck from someware in mid state Pa.I just thought I'd share these with y'all
Attached Images

'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Newtz67

Re: 67 boyertown body truck

Looks like a cool cruiser, diggin the fender emblems.
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
midniteblues

found another pic i forgot he's been lookin for a cool shifter for the auto on the floor
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
midniteblues

Whats really funny about this is it appears to be a swb frame youd think they wouldve used a lwb
Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

That's a cool truck! Let me know if he ever decides to sell it...if you don't want it. The cowl & chassis models could be ordered on any chassis the trucks were built on,except 4wd of course. That's an emblem off the front of a StepVan. Some aluminum Curbmasters and Grummans had them,not the GM bodies. I guess someone put them on there at some point.These would have come with the same fender badges as the other trucks. Here's a '68 20 series on a 127" frame. It was used for egg delivery,then restored by the original owner when he retired. It has since been sold after I took these pictures. I didn't know what I was doing when I scanned these and don't know how to enlarge them:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
midniteblues

there was some ideas those emblems were not oe. when he first drove it home we looked over it reall good and both thought boy this is all oe stuff with only 60 k on the odo the 250 seemed really tired but the 4spd worked great when he pulled it out i was able to snatch the six n 4spd thinking it is coded rite for my truck till i ran the #s and found the block is from 1976 not 67 the the speculation began. looking and pulling the motor you wouldve thought it was in there from 67 n looked as if its never been touched i learned differnt. he replaced the pass fender thats why the bowtie isnt attached on that side but what was really funny is their were no other emblem holes or plug welds where there wouldve been in the fender and once again they looked as if they were there from the begining but i think your right now that you said about the grummans an box trucks I recall seeing them on those to.right after he first brought it home he put on cl for an obseen price before it grew on him. at his place in a sea of older camaros novas and chevelles this is really the only project that doesnt have a a primo build on it. kinda like his rat what comes along is good enough for it he claims this summer though we'll see
Old 02-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
midniteblues

The bad thing about it is it wont fit in any of our garages so everything is done outside
Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I likey.But then I've always been a little queer for vehicles with lots of space.Looks like a cool cruiser and a great place for the kids to spend a afternoon at a car show or evening at a cruise night.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I could really use one like that. I could think of many uses. I like anything made from these trucks and it's cool to really use it. I'm also in an antique commercial vehicle club,so one of these would be a little mini-truck that would fit in.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #10
midniteblues

I'm glad you guys think its cool I know I do but in reality if it were mine i would pass it on. I'm a die hard shortbed fan in any gen chevy truck an its just not "me". I've thought how cool it would've been to be cruizing back in 67 going to and from the next bakery early morning with a fresh load of bread ahhhh! Sometimes the history of these old trucks is the coolest part of them. I personaly would like to see it turn into something special and really shine kinda like the one above but with a lil' additude to it.Or maybe a shop truck but thats my opinion an you know how that goesI know this is,i cant wait to go for a ride in it with the new drive train it should be a smooth ride with a little go
Old 12-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
midniteblues

hey guys bringing this back up with a couple more pics just for the kicks
350/350 transplant with headers and duel exhuast bye bye 250/granny 4spd.
my buddy didnt get much done too most of the summer but did get the v-8 in and running all the brakes worked over and started the inside of the back.
then he bought and built a 70 chevelle so the progress slowed a little.
but he's back on it now. i gave him a decent set of trailing arms for it a couple weeks ago(it really needs them)and he's got'm cleaned up and ready to go on.
he also built and installed the cabinets in the back his wife sewed up some big cushions for the rear cabinets/benches.
he put the tv/dvd and sound system in it and installed strobe lighting throughout .
he has a bunch of things ready for installing this spring but the plans are too finish up the bolt ons and welding and get ready for a spray job in the springas long as he dosnt pick up ANOTHER chevelle

check out that heater delete firewall.I'm not real sure what gas tank they used in this but it sure would be a cool setup for a truck looks sorta like a blazer tank but its differnt(i couldnt get under it for pics) I find it strange that the builder didnt use era correct dash componets but either way its still cool .
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
67anthony

That`s a first for me .
67anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #13
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteblues View Post
...I find it strange that the builder didnt use era correct dash componets but either way its still cool .
The flat face cowl (02) trucks used a speedo and a cluster gauge similar to the 47-55 trucks and not the 67-72 conventional cab clusters as we know them.

Commercial bodied 02s were often seen as dairy/milk home delivery trucks not too sure it would be profitable as a bread truck but then I have seen stock panel trucks that had been bread trucks.

As always a little trivia for the curious.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
midniteblues

hey tim your always full of info aparently the fellow my friend got the truck from claimed it was a bread truck from someware in central pa but thats all hearsay. I asked my bud to get on the board but he's usually too busy for playing on the computer.
I have another buddie that travels all over in his 49 ford bread truck his also is a boyertown body with a huge "sticky buns" logo on the side he took that one on a cc trip following route 66 and filmed the whole trip we watched him on tv on pcn tours one nite. he routinly takes that on up to canada and back a few times a year
Old 12-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #15
67c10rustbuket

Thats pretty neat, never seen one before. Just crop and resize Tim 1. Click and drag these on to your desktop, easy as pie.
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote