The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
bonsai

high beam switch in turn signal lever?

HI, I just recently purchased an 83 swb custom, got it for quite the deal actually. It's a bit of a fixer upper but seems to be complete. I'm in the process of getting it ready to pass inspection to go register it with this new deal in Texas it has to be inspected before registration. Anyway, I've got it mostly complete got head light and tail lights working. But it seems the high beams are an issue. The sealed beams themselves seem to be at least in working condition and the wiring seems to be complete. But when I pull back on the lever to activate the high beams it does nothing no click or anything just returns forward.

It seems 83 was when they did away with the foot switch and it was incorporated into the turn signal lever. My question is where in there is the high beam switch? I've seen there is the turn signal cam an all that and the only other thing I can find is this: http://m.oreillyauto.com/mt/www.orei...2100&ppt=C0039

Would that have anything to do with the high beam mechanism or switch? I've been looking and can't seem to find any info on all this.

Thank you for any help in advance!
bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote