The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
Tagg33

Talking Starting to start starting a C4 conversion on my 84 SWB GMC

This has been in the works for several months now. I purchased a complete front and rear '94 C4 suspension, after dismantling it I started grinding the casting marks on all these aluminum parts. Some of you may have seen this first picture already. I blasted one of the rear knuckles to see if the finish looked good enough to just clear coat. I like it and plan to clear it all. Next, I got in on the last "group buy" for a dropmember from Nate at Porterbuilt. I'm going with the C4 dropmember since I already fell in love with the C4 IRS. My dad was really the one that changed my mind about sticking with C4 all the way around. I was going to purchase the regular dropmember originally to save money because it doesn't require ART Shockwaves. The idea of having all Corvette suspension and all this beautiful aluminum won me over. It also helps that I got a great deal on the complete C4 suspension. I was trying to buy just the rear setup from a guy locally on Craigslist but he didn't really want to sell just half of what he had so he made me a deal I could not refuse. My wife was pissed for about a month, but she got over it.

So far, I have about 75% of the corvette parts ground down smooth and I purchased a set of Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings, 20 each Heim's & Bungs for the rear four-link and cantilever setup. I will probably mount the IRS and use my existing coil-over shocks and wait on creating the bag cantilevers for a few more week after that.

This weekend I removed all of the carpeted panels, the wheel tubs and notch cover from the bed of the truck. The tricky part was not damaging the subwoofer enclosure while cutting the wheel tub welds. I also removed the front fender wells.
Attached Images

84 SWB, C4 IFS Crossmember, C4 IRS, RE7 bags, WCC 3pc 22"s
My reBuild: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=346328
Tagg33 is offline   Reply With Quote