The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
wwillmon

Trying to order some porterbuilt parts but need help

Hey guys, I just bought a 73 swb c10 and I'm wanting to bag it. I've been checking out the porterbuilt stuff and will most likely go with them. My first question is if I order the front and rear drop member is that everything I need to drop it other than the bags, compressors, valves and shocks? And are any of the upgrades needed or recommended such as the a-arms,etc.

And can someone explain the difference between the mild, touring and extrem kits? I'm assuming its how low they are but I'm just guessing on that. I'm new at the whole bag scene so please be easy on me haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
wwillmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: Trying to order some porterbuilt parts but need help

Touring is made so you can get low and handle better.The mild drop member is get you pretty low maybe lay frame on a smaller wheel like a 15 or so.The extreme is to lay frame on big wheels 20 or bigger.You can use your stock a arms but if you can afford it get his a arms they are stronger.And what size wheel and tire you gonna use on the truck?
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
wwillmon

Okay that makes sense. I must likely will run a 20" wheel. I'm not sure on the tire size, I've never been good determining what size tire will fit. But it sounds like I will need either the touring or the extreme for what I'm wanting to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Look here and then call Porterbuilt directly to order.
http://www.porterbuiltfabrication.co...of-Dropmembers

Overview:

There have been several updates and additions to the Dropmember product line over the past several years. We now offer three different variations of the Dropmember for the 60-87 C10 trucks. Although they are near identical in their installation procedures, there are a few differences that need to be noted. This set of instructions will serve all versions of the Dropmember for the 63-87 C10 trucks. We will point out the differences and variations of installation between the versions, so please pay close attention.

Dropmember Versions:

Dropmember Extreme

The Dropmember Extreme is the most commonly known version of the Dropmember. It is used when wanting to achieve an ultra-low ride height, run a large diameter tire, and allow the frame-rails to rest on the ground at full deflation with up to a 30” tall tire (when combined with the proper blend of control arms and spindles).
Benefits include a narrowed trac-width; wheel center-line moved forward to center in the wheel well opening; rack and pinion steering; and revised suspension geometry for an unbelievable ride quality! This is the Dropmember that put us on the map!

Dropmember Touring/ Dropmember Mild

The Dropmember Touring and Dropmember Mild were developed to meet the demand of those looking for a C10 replacement cross-member, but not really looking for the extreme drop and modifications that come along with the Extreme version. So, we made it happen.

There are a handful of differences in the design of the Touring and Mild versions that set it apart from its predecessor. First, the geometry design of the Touring and Mild versions are both identical to each other, yet different than the Extreme version. The Touring and Mild versions are all business and offer a more aggressive camber curve along with increased castor. Second is the amount of drop built in. The Touring version raises the suspension 2” in the cross-member when compared to factory, and the mild version raises it 1” in the crossmember when compared to factory (while the Extreme raises it 3”). Third is the trac-width. The trac-width is only narrowed .25” per side when compared to the factory suspension. With these changes in height and geometry, the frame rail does not need to be notched for rack and pinion clearance, and the motor sets much lower in the truck when compared to the Extreme version.

The Dropmember Touring and Mild versions are also offered in either airbag or coil-over configurations.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
wwillmon

Okay thanks that helps out a lot. Sounds like I'm most likely going to want to go with the extreme kit. Once I get the front and rear drop member ordered. Then I will need the compressors and shocks and lines and fittings right? I'm assuming the kit includes the bags? Can anyone suggest which company to use for those products?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
andrewmp6

Look around http://www.azproperformance.com/home.php hes one of our vendors really nice guy will take care of you.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:57 AM   #7
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwillmon View Post
Okay thanks that helps out a lot. Sounds like I'm most likely going to want to go with the extreme kit. Once I get the front and rear drop member ordered. Then I will need the compressors and shocks and lines and fittings right? I'm assuming the kit includes the bags? Can anyone suggest which company to use for those products?
Posted via Mobile Device
Just give us a buzz on Monday and we will be happy to discuss your build and recommend a kit that will do exactly what you want it to. We can set you up with everything you need. If you get our voicemail just leave a message and we will call you back! 480-297-2621

Nate
Posted via Mobile Device

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:53 AM   #8
wwillmon

Alright will do! Cant wait to get some stuff picked out!