The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

A Suburban named Isabella

Hello my Suburban friends!

Long time admirer, 1st time poster with a burb I've had since 11/2011. You see, that was a special day in my life. So, here's the back story:

After finishing project Mistress (see my signature for my 68 C10 build thread), I learned that the local university I graduated from was adding a football program. What else does one need at a college football game other than friends, food, libation, and fun and a REALLY cool tailgate wagon! Yep, you guessed it....a suburban!!!

The search started here, on the very board I cut my teeth on how to do everything 67-72 Chevy trucks. I perused many for sale ads looking for the right wagon...I sent pictures to my wife of 2-tone blue ones, Ochre/White ones, but continued to get the....meh...it looks like a school bus, or why do you need a blue one

Then it happened, member Eyebuzz, listed the perfect burb....a green and white 3/4 ton beauty....all things fell into place with this one...it was my school colors, got the wife's approval, and Eyebuzz was a super guy to deal with so I could arrange shipping from NY to NC. (From these pictures...can't you tell why I was super excited about this ole girl?)

OH...did I mention, my wife was pregnant with our 1st child and due at the end of November 2011...

Then it happened....my beautiful baby girl was born bright and early in late November. What super joy it is to see the miracle of natural child bearing occur (and damn glad it wasn't me pushing)
Ironically, that same day, the truck driver hauling my new burb called me a couple hours after my daughter arrive!!! What a freakin day!!!

I'm starting this thread to commemorate this burb from its last days in NY to today.....The name you ask, that's a story that will evolved over the next several years till that day (recently) she was dub 'Isabella'....

What are my plans for Isabella?...That's evolving too....but now I have this thread so I can share with you as it happens....and not much has happened!

These 1st set of pictures are credited to Eyebuzz (from the for sale ad)
Attached Images

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote