The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #26
The Big Green

Re: Shocks for a bagged front end

us guys can bicker over the least little thing.

You guys run shocks on bagged trucks? Not me! Here's the deal, the back is bouncy, unless you ride at 1-2in off the ground then it's ok. I will be getting Monroes for the back asap. The front with the weight of the engine rides lots better than stock height with good shocks. I won't bother with front shocks, just back. 4-5 months and no shocks at all.
The Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #27
XXL
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post

get out the ruler and start smacking knuckles Ken!
Or measuring shocks.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #28
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Green View Post
us guys can bicker over the least little thing.

You guys run shocks on bagged trucks? Not me! Here's the deal, the back is bouncy, unless you ride at 1-2in off the ground then it's ok. I will be getting Monroes for the back asap. The front with the weight of the engine rides lots better than stock height with good shocks. I won't bother with front shocks, just back. 4-5 months and no shocks at all.
I've never seen a properly engineered vehicle w/o a shock absorber accompanying the spring. Can it be done? Sure; you & others have proven that.
Should it be done? No, it should not.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 09-21-2009 at 04:38 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #29
Shane
Account Suspended

I agree with Scoti ... and Chris Rock - "You can drive your car with your feet, but that don't make it a good freekin' idea"

Last edited by Shane; 09-21-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #30
robin58

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
Or measuring shocks.
Would be quite humorous except for one minor issue..... maybe you should verify your linky works before sarcasm steps up to the plate:
Attached Images

robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #31
joe231

how do you do that? capture a still of your screen?
Old 09-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #32
robin58

PrtScreen or use SnagIt
Old 09-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #33
joe231

Cool, thanks!!!

Last edited by joe231; 09-21-2009 at 05:41 PM.
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #34
Shane
Account Suspended

I don't blame him, I'd take it down too ...
Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #35
joe231

Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #36
redsled04

I ran my 88 for years with no front shocks. It had no extra sway or any issues.I was suprised at first my self but It was fine.It does have old Slam Rs 72s thougth Those bad boys are stiff.You can barly colapse them by hand.

I know if you run firestones with no shocks it rides to soft.
redsled04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #37
robin58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I don't blame him, I'd take it down too ...
I agree if people kept on having complaints but I don't think I'd keep linking to it after I'd done so and be rude about it when people asked for help. I was just looking for an easier method than visiting my FLAPS to get specs, saw the zillions of BUMPS by XXL and figured he'd save me some time in the future. Shame how this forum is becoming less and less help. Time to move on again.

One of those things, if you've got nothing useful to say or help to lend why even bother posting on a forum where people are seeking help?

Last edited by Liz; 09-22-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: language complaint
Old 09-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #38
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin58 View Post
I agree if people kept on having complaints but I don't think I'd keep linking to it after I'd done so and be rude about it when people asked for help. I was just looking for an easier method than visiting my FLAPS to get specs, saw the zillions of BUMPS by XXL and figured he'd save me some time in the future. Shame how this forum is becoming less and less help. Time to move on again.

One of those things, if you've got nothing useful to say or help to lend why even bother posting on a forum where people are seeking help?
AMEN Brother!!

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011

Last edited by Liz; 09-22-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: language complaint in quote
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #39
Shane
Account Suspended

The problem as I see it is that for several years now there are only a handful of folks that actually offer help.

A lot of folks ask questions ... get their answer ... then completely ignore the next guy that comes along and ask the same question. A month later that original person comes back to post another question and expects someone to answer that question for them but meanwhile in the past past month they haven't bothered to help anyone else.

Pay it forward doesn't mean ask a question and then split. It means to help others as others have helped you.

Just one person's opinion ...

Last edited by Shane; 09-22-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #40
robin58

Shane, I am just wondering how that pertains to being helpful when someone bumps EVERY thread about shocks, making the first pageful of returns in search link to the post with the XML in it that's a broken link? All this has done is now create utter confusion for when someone DOES use the search button because each thread will lead them nowhere.

As for your statement about helping, no worries, like I said I'm done at this forum. I obviously don't have 11000+ posts laden with sarcasm like yourself, but I suspect that a higher percentage of my posts were actually made answering questions than merely highfiving someone with the same bully mentality as yourself.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #41
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin58 View Post
Shane, I am just wondering how that pertains to being helpful when someone bumps EVERY thread about shocks, making the first pageful of returns in search link to the post with the XML in it that's a broken link? All this has done is now create utter confusion for when someone DOES use the search button because each thread will lead them nowhere.

As for your statement about helping, no worries, like I said I'm done at this forum. I obviously don't have 11000+ posts laden with sarcasm like yourself, but I suspect that a higher percentage of my posts were actually made answering questions than merely highfiving someone with the same bully mentality as yourself.
No need to leave because someone gets on your nerves..... Use the 'edit/ignore' selection on your control panel.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Last edited by SCOTI; 09-23-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #42
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

That's certainly an option Scoti, but it's not one that should be required.

I have allowed certain members leniency with their attitude based on the knowledge that they brought to this forum. Unfortunately that has become detrimental and discouraging positive growth.

I don't feel our being tolerant has been appreciated, so I plan to discontinue that course.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #43
bigblock73
yeller

I guess I look at things differently.

I would need a pretty big notebook to keep track of all the people in the 73-87 section who asked "what buckets will fit in my truck" or "what year tach dash will fit my truck"....but they are enthusiast just like myself, and I really enjoy helping others out and sharing knowledge. I don't keep score of who ask what, and if they in turn answer questions themselves...I don't know who would even have time for that. I answer as many questions as I have time for, enjoy doing it, and even maintain and add stuff like that to my website...for free, and for everyone to use and benefit from (and won't yank because I got pissed off at someone). Do I ever get tired of the same question being asked over and over again, sure...but I also keep in mind that the search feature hasn't been functional all day every day since day 1, some don't know there is a search feature (or trust it's functionality), and often times it takes quite a while to weed thru the search results to find the answer, when someone here might be able to respond within minutes.

Those with lots of knowledge are looked up to by many of us on the board, and althought we may never say it, we appreciate it. Longstanding members on the board are often viewed the same way, even if they haven't personally helped you specifically. I always thank those who have helped me out, and have also purchased several gift subscriptions for those who have gone above and beyond the norm as a token of my appreciation. Be role models for the younger crowd, share your knowledge, and be positive. Poor attitudes, smart ass comments, and baby-like actions will only make you look foolish, and will cause a lot of other board members to lose respect for you...and make this very friendly community an unpleasant place to be.

Last edited by bigblock73; 09-23-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #44
joe231

I am sorry if any of my posts have been adding to the problem....I try to give most people the benefit of the doubt as to them not posting in a "mean spirit"

Some on here can come off as dicks, but I think some of it is their sense of humor, I my self have a very dry/sarcastic sense of humor and try to punctuate with smilies to convey that point.

Ken, I do appreciate all you and the other mods do...and i appreciate the wealth of knowledge on here. I agree that sometimes being a "nice guy/gal" gets you taken advantage of. Everyone needs a little "check" every now and then to keep it in perspective.

My whole goal on this great site is to help spread truth and help every one I can....but it does get tiring when someone asks a question when there is a thread about it just a few threads below theirs (not referring to this thread specifically). There needs to be some balance......just my two pennies
Old 09-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #45
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

The best alternative to the board "seach feature", (when it's down or temporarily not working),... is Google.
You'd be amazed that most of my Google searches end with results from this board.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 09-23-2009 at 02:22 PM.
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #46
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
That's certainly an option Scoti, but it's not one that should be required.
My intent was to promote the choice vs. getting into a pissing match w/someone that likes to publicly belittle others. No fuel on the fire....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #47
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

If I may interject a moment. I really do not feel anyone means to belittle anyone else. Things come across wrong when folks are blunt. Its happened for years with many members.

I would hope we can all move past the junk that has gone on, and work together at making this the best and most informative area out there.

On the same subject but off topic a bit. It has been brought to my attention that many folks have been replying with the age old use search reply. This has never been acceptable on this site. Is one of Josh's major pet peeves and will not be tolerated. We will be posting more about that in the announcement/feedback area. But since it pertains to all the discussion here lately, I figured I would let you all know here as well.

Sorry to jump in this thread and continue to hijack it off topic.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #48
87 dually burb
my short bus

well I'm running belltech nitro drop 2's #8005 on my 90 burb with 3" spindles and 2" lower cups in stock arms 9.5"-15.5" eye to eye
87 dually burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:33 PM   #49
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Since I'm the one that started this thread...........................

Liz......Thank You for your comments about the Search Feature. I've never understood the problem with a person just asking a question. If you feel your time will be wasted by answering the question, don't answer it.

My original intent was to find an application specific shock that would work on my truck. I have since found one so the next time someone asks the same question I can offer a suggestion. 1950 Chrysler front shocks, yep you can still buy them.

I post/read on a lot of forums, this one by far has the friendliest membership, lets keep it that way. But, I love a little friendly banter every now and then too.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'30 Model A Pickup, suicide front end, 350, 350, traditional style hot rod.
S10Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #50
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

S10Fan,...
Do you have a part # for that shock?
Also,... what brand are you using?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote