The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
GGhost

Tilt column warning! retro68

I would also beware of buying a tilt column from retro68. I sent him money to build up a tilt column over 10 weeks ago.

He made it sound like he had one built in the beginning. Return a call on week 7 and made it sound like he was waiting for parts on 1 spring.

So I gave him 2 weeks and now does not return calls. But he makes sure he takes your money. I tried to PM and call to see if he would send a check back with my invest amount for his column. No replies. ....Figures!!

Now I will be forced to see a attorney or a collection agency.

I say he is a rip off artist. BUYER BEWARE!

Last edited by N2TRUX; 06-22-2009 at 10:30 AM.
GGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Never knew anyone to have a issue with him. Definately dont believe he's a scam artist. Could have had a family issue arise. Ya just never know

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.

Last edited by N2TRUX; 06-22-2009 at 10:27 AM.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGhost View Post
I would also beware of buying a tilt column from retro68. I sent him money to build up a tilt column over 10 weeks ago.

He made it sound like he had one built in the beginning. Return a call on week 7 and made it sound like he was waiting for parts on 1 spring.

So I gave him 2 weeks and now does not return calls. But he makes sure he takes your money. I tried to PM and call to see if he would send a check back with my invest amount for his column. No replies. ....Figures!!

If you have an issue...you ought to take it to the "review" board...there are times issues can be resolved there. As been said...maybe family issues, work issues etc. may have delayed him. Just a thought.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by N2TRUX; 06-22-2009 at 10:27 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
GGhost

I am a mechanic by trade. I know that sometimes things get behind. So I don't continued to try to harass a guy. But I have tried him 7 times by phone. Tried 3 times PM's. And I don't have his e-mail.

Remember I am on week 10.

Start this BS on April 12.

Now its June 21.

Last edited by N2TRUX; 06-22-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
msgross

Quote:
I am a mechanic by trade. I know that sometimes things get behind. So I don't continued to try to harass a guy. But I have tried him 7 times by phone. Tried 3 times PM's. And I don't have his e-mail.

Remember I am on week 10.

Start this BS on April 12.

Now its June 21.

He hasn't been online since
Last Activity: 06-03-2009 12:12 PM

so please contact Liz and Josh via PM over the issue. I understand your frustration (i've been there) but it usually works itself out in the end. I have personally chatted with him via the phone and he seems like a standup guy, lets give him the benefit of the doubt to make it right with you. You never know, he could be laid up in a hospital or worse.

Please utilize appropriate channels in lieu of bashing him in public. or make a post on the Review portion of this board.
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 06-22-2009 at 10:29 AM.
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
AuggieStyle

everyone always says to pm or not to air dirty laundry in public. but how else will the rest of us board members who are looking for advice or used or new equipment for our trucks know who to trust if these little hickups are not exposed.
I have been taken on this board by a fellow board members and turned out a few other members had issues with this particular member but it was all handled in pm's and review. When i did a particular search on this board member it was never revealed through the search engine that he was a scrupulous seller. So i bought from him only to find out that other members got the EXACT same story from him, and if we are not going to blast individuals who have done board members wrong we need to stop living a double standard.
We need to remove the blast on James Blanton another scum bag that has wronged many. How do we know 68 isnt another Blanton in the making? That is part of the reason I have not renewed my site supporter subscription. I love this board but we need to protect everyone.

Last edited by N2TRUX; 06-22-2009 at 10:29 AM.
AuggieStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuggieStyle View Post
everyone always says to pm or not to air dirty laundry in public. but how else will the rest of us board members who are looking for advice or used or new equipment for our trucks know who to trust if these little hickups are not exposed.
I have been taken on this board by a fellow board members and turned out a few other members had issues with this particular member but it was all handled in pm's and review. When i did a particular search on this board member it was never revealed through the search engine that he was a scrupulous seller. So i bought from him only to find out that other members got the EXACT same story from him, and if we are not going to blast individuals who have done board members wrong we need to stop living a double standard.
We need to remove the blast on James Blanton another scum bag that has wronged many. How do we know 68 isnt another Blanton in the making? That is part of the reason I have not renewed my site supporter subscription. I love this board but we need to protect everyone.
This is what the review board is for. Your searches didn't work because people didn't post about their experiences with that particular seller. This is not a failure of the staff, admins, or forum in general.

If you have a problem that needs to be resolved, I sugggest you take it up with the moderators and admins as stated before.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.

AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #8
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Quote:

I have spoke with retro68 before also, he seems like a standup guy. I would think there is something going on in his personal life rather then him trying to rip anyone off. I do understand your worries and I hope this gets resolved with both parties happy.

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY

KevsClassics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: Tilt column warning! retro68

FYI.....I have a couple emails for him....I bought a tint kit from him through paypal.....that email is tintkits@gmail.com
and he also has an email for his tilt columns tiltcolumn@gmail.com

Hope these help getting in contact with him.....My dealings with him have been good and responsive....ordered the tint kit from him 4/16/09...received w/in 10 days....Hop ethings get worked out for you!

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuggieStyle View Post
PM sent
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:

PM sent
Old 06-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #12
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevsClassics View Post
I have spoke with retro68 before also, he seems like a standup guy. I would think there is something going on in his personal life rather then him trying to rip anyone off. I do understand your worries and I hope this gets resolved with both parties happy.
Curious, any update on this situation?

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY
Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #13
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Quote:
Curious, any update on this situation?
Anyone Ever hear from Scott?

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #14
GGhost

Lost $465.00 to that criminal

Beware of retro68!

Last edited by special-K; 09-04-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #15
Rack Man

Quote:
BEWARE OF THIS GUY
Lost $465.00 to this criminal

His ad.
Rebuilt Tilt Columns For Sale Or Rebuild Yours
Dude....That link is not Retro68's ad...thats Kevsclassics.....You should edit that, as there is no doubt thats Kevsclassics is a super stand up guy...don't need any confusion!

Btw, I also ddin't know the problems that people have had with Retro68...I actually tried to contact him about a month ago....left him a couple voice mails and emails....never heard back from him?....He's local, I guess I could drive by as I believe that address is his shop?

Last edited by Rack Man; 08-14-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
GGhost

Not trying to confuse anyone. You are correct about Kev. classic ad is different.

Dude out.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #17
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Man View Post
Dude....That link is not Retro68's ad...thats Kevsclassics.....You should edit that, as there is no doubt thats Kevsclassics is a super stand up guy...don't need any confusion!

Dan,
Thanks for clearing up the confusion. I would not be able to sleep if I took someones money and did not send them there column.

GGhost,
Its really to bad you were treated that way. I understand your anger. If you still need a tilt I will be glad to help you out.
Kevin

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY

Last edited by N2TRUX; 09-02-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

GGhost, thank you for PMing me or Josh, N2trux, Redneckgirl or powerdriver1958 (one of the admins) and letting us know this is going on still. Thank you for pointing out the sale post to one of us directly. And above all, thank you for making sure you communicated with us directly, so that we could help you in any way we could.

Sorry, at this point I would suggest you call the local police in his area and take it up as internet fraud. In the meantime I will go dig for his account and posts and deal with what I need to on my end.

I am sorry but your signature is being edited. You can provide a link to this post if you wish. But email addys etc in the sig are being removed.

Please do not think we do not care and do not wish to help. Its just kind of hard to do without communication. I posted in this thread, as did other staff members, and I have yet to see a direct reply from you.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #19
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

from his public profile

Home Page
http://www.aspeedytint.com
This Page
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/member.php?u=25339

Occupation
Professional glass tinting and business owner. Custom fabrication design and interior upholstery.

his email associated with his account is scott at blah blah blah

If you go to the speedy tint page there is a phone number and address listed.

Now all you need to do is call the police ...

Not tryin to hate, but that info took 5 minutes or so to gather with kids bugging me non stop. I do not understand why it hadnt been done or used yet.

if you go to www.whois.sc and type aspeedytint.com into the domain lookup, it gives you a full name of the site owner scott nadeau along with contact numbers and addresses as well.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
GGhost

What more can I say to the administrators. You keep letting his ads. being posted and he has stolen from one of your member or members. maybe their are more than you know. I know their is nothing other then banning him from posting ads. into the forums. And you should have a watch list for members to thumb through. Listing all the thief's. But that would require some thought and commitment to your members. I already had his information by clicking his profile area. and other websites.

Have a good day.

Last edited by GGhost; 08-15-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #21
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
What more can I say to the administrators. .
You keep letting his ads. being posted and he has stolen from one of your member or members.
The ad you are referring to was an old ad. If we had known it existed we would have taken action.

maybe their are more than you know. I know their is nothing other then banning him from posting ads.
You are correct. With over 3,283,010,000 and counting we can not be aware of all bad transactions unless we are told. If we had banned him when this situation came to our attention there would not have been any reason for him to make good. By allowing a member to stay active, they often times correct the negative situation. There's not much more we can do.

you should have a watch list for members to thumb through. Listing all the thief's. But that would require some thought and commitment to your members.
It has been considered, but realized that no one would look at it until it was too late.

Regarding thought and commitment, I understand your frustrations but that comment is just wrong and totally uncalled for. You do not have a clue as to how much time, thought, and commitment the staff puts in to this site on a "volunteer" basis. I really don't think you want push that button.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #22
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
I have to agree with Kev here, when I was buying the tint kit from Scott he was very helpfull and took the time to advise me on the colors of kit available, and would always reply promtly to any enquries I sent. As soon as I sent payment my kit was on it's way and arrived about a week later. I noticed that the first person (re the tint) having trouble getting hold of Scott was highperf4x4, and over the last couple of months or so he has been heard from less and less...the last contact I had with Scott was this email dated the 15th June...

Quote:
Hi Nigel I have been involved with my business during the past two months. Ihave not been on the message board but will get to this for you as soon a mytime comes available. Thanks Scott
I will have to reserve judgment here, and prefer to beleive as Kev said, that he may be facing personal difficulties that have prevented him being around and on top of things. I can honestly say that the Scott I delt with was not a conman.
I to hope that the problems that others are having get resolved promtly for all concerned.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #23
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
What more can I say to the administrators. You keep letting his ads. being posted and he has stolen from one of your member or members. maybe their are more than you know. I know their is nothing other then banning him from posting ads. into the forums. And you should have a watch list for members to thumb through. Listing all the thief's. But that would require some thought and commitment to your members. I already had his information by clicking his profile area. and other websites.

Have a good day.
If you want to volunteer to watch for bad deals and report them to us, let me know. The rest N2TRUX already answered. I for one have a life outside the site, and can not read every new post and thread on the site.

We depend upon folks to alert us to issues. There is a report a post button on each post and thread. There are Private Messages. If you use these methods in place, then the likely hood of issues continuing are less. If we are not made aware of issues, at times they fall between the cracks.

I do look forward to you volunteering to keep the site free from issues. Let me know via PM when you can start, and we will get you set up.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #24
GGhost

I don't plan on using this forum beyond my subscription date. Look how many times I post.

Like I said have a good day.

Last edited by GGhost; 08-15-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #25
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
I don't plan on using this forum beyond my subscription date. Look how many times I post.

Like I said have a good day.
Dude this is real s***ty luck for you...your new to our forum and this happens to you, now it has tainted your whole experience...all I can say is don't let it! this is a good place with good people.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger

Last edited by eightbanger; 08-15-2009 at 05:00 PM.
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote