The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
suttoncurt

Thumbs down LMC truck (rant)

Well i finally got around to putting my new fender emblems on my old GMC last week . I bought em august last year . They had been in the box in my house (heated and cooled) the whole time ive had em . As soon as i pulled the plastic of the "v-eight" section it took most of the black paint off with it . Since then all the red paint in the letters have just fell out . This was a really cheesy part . And because i'd had them for over 6 months LMC was like too bad . I paid 80 bucks for em and it was a licened GM part ! Dont buy this item guys ! http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/t.aspx?Page=80

Last edited by suttoncurt; 04-05-2010 at 12:31 PM.
suttoncurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
mbgmike

Re: LMC truck (rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttoncurt View Post
Well i finally got around to putting my new fender emblems on my old GMC last week . I bought em august last year . They had been in the box in my house (heated and cooled) the whole time ive had em . As soon as i pulled the plastic of the "v-eight" section it took most of the black paint off with it . Since then all the red paint in the letters have just fell out . This was a really cheesy part . And because i'd had them for over 6 months LMC was like too bad . I paid 80 bucks for em and it was a licened GM part ! Dont buy this item guys ! http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/t.aspx?Page=80
what brand is the part?
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
suttoncurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
what brand is the part?
I dont know - They were in a white unmarked box . It did have a "officially licened product GM" sticker on it . Im almost sure im not the only person that has run into this . The crome under the letters are really shiny chome that paint doesnt normally like to stick to . Anybody else had this problem ?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttoncurt View Post
I dont know - They were in a white unmarked box . It did have a "officially licened product GM" sticker on it . Im almost sure im not the only person that has run into this . The crome under the letters are really shiny chome that paint doesnt normally like to stick to . Anybody else had this problem ?

We only sell Trimparts brand emblems. We have had some in stock for years (like 5) and they are as good as they day we bought them. Just for info we have a 2 year return policy on all part orders for this reason. Guys change their mind,store up parts,sell the vehicle etc. We build stuff to. New products come out and you wish you hadn't bought the part etc.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
70cst

Quote:
We only sell Trimparts brand emblems. We have had some in stock for years (like 5) and they are as good as they day we bought them. Just for info we have a 2 year return policy on all part orders for this reason. Guys change their mind,store up parts,sell the vehicle etc. We build stuff to. New products come out and you wish you hadn't bought the part etc.

This why it is good to support board members... It doesn't mean there will never be issues but 99% of the time issues are resolved.

Sorry to hear of your problems...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
suttoncurt

Quote:
Yea - I was just on your site man -Thanks for the info , LMC just doesnt seem to appreciate your business anyway -I would much rather do business with some car guys(board members) that stand behind their stuff !

Last edited by suttoncurt; 04-05-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
Ricks1971

I quit buying from LMC along time ago! TOO EXPENSIVE and POOR QUALITY. There are some good venders here on the board.
Ricks1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
69GMCLonghorn

I had some problems with LMC parts. I went through 2 speedo's and neither performed correctly. The speed would vary depending on how long you were driving. I had a car cover that fell apart after cleaning it. They sent me 2 REPLACEMENTS by mistake and didn't ask for the second one back! I bought a set of their mirrors, which they admitted were pieces of crap. They sent me 3 replacement sets! All of them were crap!

So A+ for customer service... F- for quality of parts!
69GMCLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
big_al_71

I would have to agree that the board vendors all seem like stand up guys and really know how to satisfy the customer

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
big mike71

I have a friend of a friend that works for LMC. I told him that LMC gets bashed on here all the time because of customer service.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
Sinister
Between Trucks...

They're customer service is actually pretty good, it's their parts that suck, and they don't seem to know what their selling. I bought a bad wiper switch from them and they sent a new one no questions asked. I only resort to them if they have something I can't get anywhere else, like an underbed spare tire mount I got from them.

Last edited by Sinister; 04-05-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike71 View Post
I have a friend of a friend that works for LMC. I told him that LMC gets bashed on here all the time because of customer service.
Instead of "bashed" I prefere the term "constructive critisism" It is from critisism that we have an opportunity to become better.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #13
67'sgota454

yeah i bought axle and seal from them once and the axle was machined to small at the seal and leaked !
Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #14
capev86

lmc has a few items that i like and can't find at other places (like 3/4T HD option rear coils, etc). i bought quite a bit from jim carter truck parts too but they are not getting any more 67-72 inventory in. the truckandcarshop.com in cali-for-ni-a has got a bunch of stuff i need cheaper than anywhere else (and in stock) like vac gage kit, 72 door rest (already colored), dash vents both black and chrome, a pair of outside door handles for a bit more than one from lmc, etc, etc. lmc still has them beat on a couple parts (stainless cowl guard, etc). it helps to compare prices and i think these guys are gonna gonna get a lot of my business next....like tomorrow!
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #15
DBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
lmc has a few items that i like and can't find at other places (like 3/4T HD option rear coils, etc). i bought quite a bit from jim carter truck parts too but they are not getting any more 67-72 inventory in. the truckandcarshop.com in cali-for-ni-a has got a bunch of stuff i need cheaper than anywhere else (and in stock) like vac gage kit, 72 door rest (already colored), dash vents both black and chrome, a pair of outside door handles for a bit more than one from lmc, etc, etc. lmc still has them beat on a couple parts (stainless cowl guard, etc). it helps to compare prices and i think these guys are gonna gonna get a lot of my business next....like tomorrow!
let us know how the service and quality at "truckandcarshop", they seem to have great prices on everything.
DBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #16
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

LMC may have decent customer service (this thread is the first I've ever heard about this) however, they can't answer your questions. They hire there operators by computer skills, and not truck skills. The only info they have on the part you are looking at, is what the description says in the catalog you have in front of you.
They are getting better, but they still get a fail in my book.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #17
threeonthetree

But you gotta think that LMC isn't just dealing with 67-72.
there dealing with all trucks all makes fords, dogde chevys.
so really they wouldn't know perticularly about 67-72 chevys.
I haven't bought anything from them and reading this i wouldn't want to.
I buy from places around town, small shops support your small busniesses.
Or ECE

1969 c10 AKA SIN

1985 SSWB TRAZER
(super short wheel base)
threeonthetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #18
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

LMC went into american trucks as a side thought. They have been into british cars for a long time.
But the kids answering the phones don't know an MG from an MGB either.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #19
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
.... Just for info we have a 2 year return policy on all part orders for this reason.....
Now THAT is customer service...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #20
vectorit
What?

I've done a lot of business with LMC, and a lot of others as well to. I don't really have a gripe with LMC at all, though the phone service is operated by regular workers that are not experienced mechanically. Just the average call center agent working the phones, which really I would rather deal with than getting a busy signal or a ring no answer. The last order I did with them it was obvious the agent didn't have the foggiest idea what I was talking about, but she didn't try to BS me either and said she needed to confer with an expert. I'm cool with that.

They score pretty high for me for parts availability, and I have found that their prices are a tad higher but what good is a lower price if you don't have it in stock?
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #21
Ackattack

You have to admit their catalog is one of the best. Sometimes I order from them because I can find the part I need, rather than looking through page after page of "interior trim parts" or whatever.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #22
suttoncurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
Just dont buy the fender emblems ! lol - im putting my old ones back on - Oh yeah the rear view mirror i bought from LMC lasted about a month before the glue on the plastic backed mirror turned loose - A little urethane fixed that though - Im just not a fan - But i just wanted to say the main reason i posted this was so 67-72 members didnt get screwed out of 80 bones plus s/h one the fender emblems!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #23
69GMCLonghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
LMC went into american trucks as a side thought. They have been into british cars for a long time.
But the kids answering the phones don't know an MG from an MGB either.
Ironically, I've just learned the "big and small" differences between these 2 in the last year or so. My buddy's dad restored a '70 MGB, and has a '69 (I think) Midget ready to have to engine dropped in it... They are cool little cars. I thought about buying one to keep in the bed of my truck for emergencies!
69GMCLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
Beelzeburb
Devil's in the Details

LMC, Victoria British, Black Dragon Auto, they're all from the same parent. If you were hired to answer phones for a company that sells parts for everything from a Sunbeam Alpine to a Mazda RX-7 to a Ford HighBoy would you even have half a clue what your company stocks or what parts fit which vehicles?

This is why I usually don't buy from LMC or any of their sister retailers, there is no way of confirming any information about the parts you will purchase, and if something doesn't work the sales reps aren't going to be of much help unless it's for a refund / exchange.

Last edited by Beelzeburb; 04-06-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Beelzeburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #25
MuthaTrucka

Im all the way down in New Zealand and finding parts for my 73 SWB Chevy C10 is pretty hard work. We got dealers over here that import from th USA but they are way over priced. I orderd some parts from LMC and they actually sent me some guys order from Canada. I rang em up and they got in contact with the guy and he had recieved my order, so they just said I could keep the Canadian guys parts and they re-shipped my order. Got no complaints about that. My parts will be free when I sell the wrong order I recieved!!

Can any one recommend another parts company that sells good quality parts that are reliable and ship to this part of the world?
MuthaTrucka is offline   Reply With Quote