Thread: a few pics
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
Hart_Rod

Re: a few pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmfpeterson View Post
well it officially is going to the paint shop on Wednesday! he said he cant start on it for 2 weeks, but the more time i have to save a little more money the better!

I need some help on my tires. I wan to know what everyone thinks for the rear tire size...

I am cutting the wheel wells out in the bed just enough to pass the frame rails. I want to run the mickey thompson 31X18X20 but I just don't know if that is going to clear. so i am just going to cut the bed before it goes to paint and see what i can do when i get it back. has anyone tried the same route? i know that tire size is all over this site and it all comes down to just trial and error...just wondering if anyone is in the same boat??????
Congrats on paint. Should be able to get a 18" tire in there if you take the cut the bed to the frame. You'll have to measure your backspacing carefully. I've got a 29 X 15.5 X 15 on my 68 SWB. It's on a 12" rim with a 6" backspacing. You'll have use 15" wide wheels for your 18" tires. Take a deep breath before you price a 20 X 15" wheel. I haven't seen anything less than a $1000 per wheel....... Here's a link to my 68 with some pictures of the wheels and tires:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 10-26-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote