View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #165
Hart_Rod

Re: Pro Street Trucks/Cars pics!!! im in love with the fatty tires!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
yea looks kool but I think if you want to get a good tuck to get the truck level your going to have to raise your tubs...like I said mine looks sweet with 29's on it but the 31's are a bit tall..you can see here ( its laid out) its still a bit high and the rubber is hitting the top of the tub with about 1/2" before the axle bottoms out to the stops..between that and the added height of the tire I'm not sure I like it??/ But it seems like the 31's are easier to come by used??? If I have to but new it will be back to the 29's and to a radial.....but like I said the tire wear is unreal...and its not because I'm being hard on them I think its just the amount of miles I drive...beig a DD is tough..an example is that tomorrow I'm heading to Laconia for bike week and that will be a quick 200 miles on them?? My bonnie trip was over 300 a trip into town will run 40 miles....but I'll be dam'd if I'm not going to drive the hell out of it...I may have to step back to the 70's ( YEK!!) for my DD stuff and save the tires for show'n tell

Jeff
I don't plan on lowering it much more. I am going to build a new rear axle that will give me plenty of clearance....., .
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote