View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #342
Hart_Rod

Re: ** YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN** The truck Chevrolet should have built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiren View Post
OK, Need a little help with my old body on late model frame. I am measuring where my body height is and need some confirmation. I currently show 19 inches from the top of my sill/rocker to the ground. This is a good hard edge to measure from. Open your truck door and measure from level ground to the opening of the door - top of the sill or top of the "rocker". That first hard edge that the outer rocker firsts starts to roll into the door jamb. This is an easier measuring spot than somewhere on the curve of the rocker or the bottom pinch weld that varies somewhat. Follow me?
I have no weight on my suspension now and it will drop 3 inches with everything installed. (I measured another new truck). What distance is there on a stock truck? If a stock truck has rake measure at the front of the rocker near the fender. What distance do other people have with lowered trucks? Please list how much drop you have to help me convert the results.

Drew,

I measured 12" at the front of the rocker and 13" at the rear. I'm running a 28" front tire and a 31" rear tire. I have a 5" drop in the front and a 7" drop in the rear. Hope this helps let me know if you need any other measurements.

R/
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote