View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #115
theastronaut

Re: '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Wow, beautiful. He's going to be getting back a show winning truck.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
Great build but then again all of your build are. I hate to back up on your thread but , you have a lot of metal work on this build , just wondering how much time is spent on this , I know you can't go back on the whole thread so just use the grill as a example to give us a idea of time it took to do the metal work.
Off topic but I know you like VW this is from a show today
Attachment 1004444
Thanks James, and neat pic!

The grill was already blasted and primed with PPG PGLF when I started so my time doesn't include that. For metalwork I have 18.5 hours in it, 19.25 hours in bodywork/priming/blocking, and 11.50 in painting/wetsanding/buffing. Total of 49.25 hours in the grill to take it from start to painted and wetsanded/buffed.

I've got a total of 611.50 hours into it so far with everything finished and delivered back to the owner except the bed, rear fenders, tailgate, and wheels. They brought the bed over last Monday so I've started the metalwork on it, and we bought a Mittler Bros bead roller this week to build some of the bed panels from scratch. If you thought the rest of the parts were rough, wait til you see the bed.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote