View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #86
Hart_Rod

Re: Project "Shifted"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502ms View Post
Awesome build!

So, questions:

-Since you sold the LS1/T56, what motor are you installing now? Is that a 5.3 or 6.0?

5.7/4L60E (LS1 out of a 2002 Z28)

-what motor mounts did the previous owner install that motor with? Do you think they will work with the truck motor (lq4)?

ECE motor mounts. Yes they will. That's what I used in my suburban

-what shifter did he install on the t56? Was a high hump needed for tranny clearance? What about the tranny crossmember? Is that stock or modified, and does it remain in the factory location?

Pro 5 shifter, yes you need a high hump. He used a CPP tranny crossmember. I believe it used the stock holes.
Sorry for all the questions, I am building my 72 stepper with LQ4 and T56, and trying to get a head start on things before they start arriving at my door.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry for the late response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
From what I've seen you won't regret buying those inners.

Love that power plant too.
Thanks and Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Typical aftermarket parts... One side kinda fits and the other is just way off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
That link answered my question - thx
Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Looks good! I like those Hills tubs. Johnny football put the hurt on us!! That hurt, really thought the second half would have gone our way. ouch.
They are a nice product! You had to remind me.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutnxt View Post
Nice......great work
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you do to yours

Sorry for the late responses and the slow updates, but progress is being made. I'm finishing the welding on the frame and will try to get it blasted and painted in the next week or so. Just got the front and rear big brake kit from CPP (thanks Jeff). We will probably used the Coys on this truck and and I'll put the Budniks on the burb, more to follow. Will post pictures when I get a chance.
Hart_Rod is online now   Reply With Quote