View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #1693
Hart_Rod

Re: 1969 SuperBurb build-up (Bagged and Blown!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Heated seats in Florida???
Believe it or not, . I have lower back problems, so it's more like a "heating pad", .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrban View Post
This is really looking good....I'm excited to see it finished!
Thanks, I appreciatiate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiren View Post
Rob!

It's looking absolutely fantastic! Your's was one of the Projects I read over and over again when I was contemplating my Young Frankenstein Crew Cab build, I kept thinking - ok all these guys are just tearing into these truck and doing custom sheet metal work and EVERYTHING else - I can do this. Congrats on seeing it through. I know how life can get in the way - didn't let it happen on Young Frankie, but it is definitely happening on my 57 Buick Roadmaster project right now.

Anyway, just wanted to say how awesome it is looking.

I'm also curious, what would you have done differently?

Drew Renshaw
Thanks Drew, your truck has always been one of my favorites. As far as "different", I wouldn't change the overall theme of the Burb as I still love the way it looks and I think I've come close to accomplishing my original goal of building a Super Cheyenne Suburban that Chevrolet "could of" built. Sometimes I think I could have already been done if I wouldn't have messed with the taillights and tailgate or not been so particular on making everything look so authentic. I love how they turned out but they presented some big obstacles time and money wise and I'm still working through a few issues to get them to look and operate like I feel they should. And there are several things that have cost a considerable amount money that most people will consider small details or won't even notice. But, I think most of these feelings come from having taken so long to finish it up. Other than that, there have been so many advances in the number and quality of the types of parts that you can get now, especially for the LS swaps. When I started this, a 5.3/4L60 was the motor to have! While my setup will provide more than adequate power to do everything I want to do, I sometimes look at the new LSA's/LT4 connect and cruise setups and want to back up and install one of them! . But then I come to my senses and realize how foolish that would be. Anyway, my apologies for the long winded answer and thanks for your support!
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote