View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #10
theastronaut

Re: Head light upgrade Dapper "575's" with LED's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Haas View Post
I do not have the shuttered single bulb units. I have the 5 3/4" quad headlights with dedicated high beams

I did not buy HID's I am using the LED upgrades

The build quality is first rate

The customer service with Dapper has been fantastic.

The fit and finish in my vehicle is better then 98% of the aftermarket parts I have purchased for my truck through uncountable sources (many advertise right here)

If you feel you had a bad experience with this company or their products, you have every reason to complain. However since you bought a completely different product and do not even have them as you returned them.....posting in this thread is just bad form.
I'm glad you had a better experience than I did. I already had the Cibie H4's in the car before I bought Dapper's lights, I thought the Dapper HID's would be an upgrade in lighting performance. I was wrong, and the build quality was also sub par. They didn't perform as well as the 30+ year old halogen lights they replaced and broke within a few days, so yes, I did have a bad experience with their product. The fact that the instructions say that the bulb base may have to be bent to focus the hot spot of the beam pattern says all you need to know about their build quality.

No, I didn't buy the exact same lights you did. The 7" V2's use "larger/improved projector" than their other lights so according to Dapper mine had better projectors than the 5.75" lights. In emails with Dapper, they admit that they are stuck using a halogen "mini H1" projector to keep the overall depth as slim as possible. They know that they're cutting back on the lighting performance to sell lights that fit more older cars. Installing an HID or LED light source in the place of a Halogen bulb throws off the beam pattern, anyone who understands headlight optics knows this. Their marketing literature doesn't state that anywhere, unfortunately.

I posted so others could make a more informed decision before they possible placed an order. Headlights are a major SAFETY item and if they perform poorly then people need to know before they buy. If you you look at my older posts you can see that this is just one of many posts where I try to inform prospective buyers of the pitfalls of poor aftermarket lighting.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote