View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 12:05 AM   #265
theastronaut

Re: 1966 F100 Short Bed Styleside Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Unbelievable amount of detail work you put in the firewall..
I dont know why, guess I'm just weird, but I like the look of a factory stamped firewall and all the details of highs and lows over the slick/shaved firewalls
Same, most shaved firewalls are visually boring. I've seen some that are shaved but have detail added back with a beadroller or Pullmax that look really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Looks like perfection, you have a lot of patience...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
x2. What he said....
Too much patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
You have patience and skills. When it's finished I hope you or the owner takes this truck to a show and parks it next to an original one so people can see the difference.
There are a couple of big F100 shows in Tennessee, we'll try to make it to them next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Awesome work John!
Thanks Jesse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Super work, but I've come to expect nothing less.

Your comments on the shine of the SPI epoxy made me smile. When I shot it on my rear step fenders I noticed a couple small places that will need addressing before I move forward with them come paint time. I thought those suckers were flawless until then. Nothing major, but a few small places you can now see.
Thanks!! It's really helpful for spotting imperfections, before or after sanding it. It doesn't need a guidecoat since it's so glossy.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote