View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 09:41 PM   #35
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

I'm off work all week so I pulled the blue '88 into the shop to finish making the engine/trans mounts.

Started by pulling the Capri b6t out and pressure washing the engine compartment.

Then set it up level to within about 1/2* on jack stands.

Pulled the timing cover, belt, water pump, alternator, and Capri engine mount bracket off so I could mount the B3 bracket with spacers. It's spaced 2.125" from the block, and there is a 3/8" spacer between the bracket and the mount to match the 3/8" dropped trasmission crossmember.

I had an Energy Suspension urethane GM transmission mount laying around for my '66 C10 so I grabbed it and thought I might could make it work. Ended up buying another at Oreilly and used them for the front and rear trans mounts.

Rear mount bolted in the factory hole. I'd rather it been turned 90* but it interfered with the shift linkage that way.

Engine leveled, and squared front to back, then I tacked the factory Capri trans mount bracket to the spacer plate that comes with the E/S urethane mount.

Pulled the rear mount back off and welded a nut to the back of the spacer plate, then boxed the plate to the bracket.

Finished rear mount.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote