View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 12:06 AM   #249
Hart_Rod

Re: 1969 Burb build-up (Bags, 5.3/4L60E, repaint, interior....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
finalized the menu for food, picked the florist and the arrangements and decided on table/placement stuff (she handled all this), looked at places for rehearsal dinner - overall, got a lot accomplished.

Yup. Manifolds from a '98 f-body. And - btw - stoked that I fired up the truck, thanks! I really don't have too much time invested in the swap, so naturally I'm stoked

Tons. See sig for gallery or my buildup thread - in the gallery and buildup thread, you should find the manifold stuff somewhere between pages 5-8, I think. If you need more, let me know.

For the gallery, here are the 2001 manifolds, which I couldn't make fit w/o notching:

http://satellitehead.com/gallery/thu...album=9&page=7

here are the '98 manifolds -

http://satellitehead.com/gallery/thu...album=9&page=8

note that only one has a heat shield, and they fit way better - rear O2 sensor on the stock cat (passenger side) does bump the bellhousing, but it doesn't hurt anything.

Will do. I really, really do NOT like the Vetter FPR/Filter setup, quite honestly. I think it is flimsy at best, and I think I will upgrade to an inline filter and aftermarket FPR in the near future because of it.

There is one small picture of the fuel system from my blackberrry ... I posted it over in my LS1tech thread on page 9 (again - see sig).

If you personally need any help, wiring diagrams, specific pictures....let me know. Hell, if I can, I'll drive down and help out, but you might need to trade for room and board for the night, and it'll need to be on a weekend Now that I've been there and done that, hindisght being 20/20, I feel pretty confident I could knock one out the next time around pretty easy.

Are you going to install a fuel pressure gauge on your fuel rail like I did?
HOLY COW!!! I don't know how I missed your photo album (just looked at all 158 pictures!). That's some good stuff, there. I check your LS1 link quite often, but didn't realize you were keeping pictures elsewhere. I plan on running a in-tank pump and an inline fuel filter. Don't the truck LS1's have an internal regulator? Not sure about the fuel pressure gauge. I wanted to put one in the cab, but a 65 PSI wet line guage didn't seem to safe, . Did you run the cats for a reason? I'm going to eliminate them if possible. So with the 98 F-Body manifolds (and ECE motor mounts) you don't have to cut the frame? When are you going to do the A/C? Your welcome any time (you have to drive the truck though, ). Hopefully you can handle 3 kids and a dog, .
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote