View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
Hart_Rod

Re: Project "Shifted"

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2billet View Post
It doesn't look out of place on top (to me).
Thats probably what I'll end of doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
What a fun project. I wonder what insurance will be like on that? No matter, he'll be cool at school for a ton less than the new Camaro kids.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, , I don't even want to think about insurance yet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
Oh yes Rob!! I will follow!
, thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
Subscribed.... this will be a great build.
Thanks Nate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRE View Post
Sweet ride.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketKing View Post
I'm in for sure!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Sweeeet ! I'm in.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
NO WAY! I met Jason years ago. I sold him a set of 99-02 silverado seats, I take it he didn't throw those in with the truck? They were really nice too, charcoal and at the time low miles (I think around 70K on them.)

Two years ago? Man, I told him if he ever sold it to let me know! At least it's in really good hands now! I take it he never actaully got it running?
I guess I was in the right place at the right time and he gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. He did throw in the seats and a ton of other parts. I found a set of buddy buckets and sold the other ones. He did get it running and then tore it all apart to do the chassis and that's the way it sat until I bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
nice truck...
Thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
Rob that's a nice step side, I'm in!
Posted via Mobile Device
It was, now it's going to be a fleet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse970 View Post
I'm in too, look forward to seeing this one go together!
Thanks!

Well we made a little progress today. We almost got the front clip pulled off, so we can pull the motor/tranny out. Then we'll remove the old chassis so the cab will be ready to put back on the new frame once its blasted and painted. Speaking of drivetrain, since I'm going a different direction with my 68, my son mentioned putting the LS1 with the 4L60E in his truck. He likes the thought of paddle shifters (he got this from his XBOX or maybe TopGear????) and we found this cool setup online thanks to another boardmember:

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/shifters/paddle.html.

Has anyone tried this? Thoughts? He really likes the idea of a 6speed, but the paddle shifter is pretty cool. I gave him this week to think about it, because one of the engines has to go.

I also put one of the Coys wheels off of the suburban on his chassis. He really likes the way it looks, so we'll probably go that route. Here's some pics...
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote