View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #16
theastronaut

Re: How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners, Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwright View Post
Marking for future reference. This is an excellent tutorial, and the pictures and detail are fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Your metal working/paint skillz are top notch!
Thanks for sharing.
When Im working on my stuff I always strive to meet your standards. I fall short but am always trying. Thanks.
Thanks Greg, always enjoy checking out your build thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl84 View Post
You, sir, are a true artist, as well as a great guy for sharing all your knowledge. Thank you. Currently using your tutorial on refurbing a gauge cluster.
Glad you found the cluster thread helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougf View Post
Absolutely outstanding, and thank you VERY much for taking the time to post this, awesome reading.
Thanks, glad to give back to the forum after all the help I've gotten here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
This and your other thread are great!
I love the more metalwork and less filler. Many just slather on the filler...
Still, I'd like more pics and info on the process, and steps of welding in new metal.
I think grinding the welds is the toughest part. Not destroying the underlying part, and not warping things is/are difficult.
I think Nuke1 and FrizzleFry have both posted excellent "how to grind welds" tutorials.

Here's Nuke's

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...48#post3867748

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse970 View Post
Excellent tutorial! Your attention to detail is outstanding!

This shows how much time goes into the fine finish work for a high quality paint job, which is why it's not cheap to have done.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly, this is just one step in the process. The rough bodywork has to be done the same way, then this step, then after the final primer goes on, and I also block the clearcoat with 1000 grit the same way to get the paint surface dead flat. Very time consuming and expensive, but the final product is so much nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
You are correct, I DO like it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks El Campo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Excellent write up. I hope that you do a part two and show the next steps and grits you use to finish the panel for paint. Thanks for taking the time to document this for us.
I can do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Very good write up. I am always impressed with your work at your age. I tried to get my son interested in this, but he is impatient and does not like body work. I try to use your techniques when I can and it always helps me out in the end.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Karl!
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote