View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #122
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Since you are not going to use the cardboard, can I have it?
I will run out and get a bottle of Elmers Glue and be in business!!
Man you wouldn't believe the PM's I've got about that cardboard, everybody's wanting it! Fortunately, you were the first to ask so they're all yours! Elmers', now why didn't I think of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I am really enjoying your build thread and I was an avid follower of your last build. Your attention to detail is amazing and as a person that is also very picky about how things are done, I appreciate that. However, I just have to kinda chuckle when I go back to the start of this build and read how it was going to be different. To quote from page 1, "I wanted to find one to build for myself. I didn't want a show truck like the '65 turned out to be; more of a solid beater that was nice enough to tinker with and drive as found." I had a feeling that this would turn out to be more than that but I'm loving it. Keep up the good work. It gives me inspiration for perfection.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the builds! It's still going to be a daily driver that doesn't get pampered, and I'm still not goint to paint it. I've already had to tell myself that I'm not going to weld the frame plates on flush and grind the welds down like I did the C notches; I'm going to weld them in about a 1/4" deep so I can't get the grinder in there! Hopefully I can make decent enough weld beads so they aren't too hard on the eyes. I was hoping to find a truck that was running and driving but this one came along and was a good price for the condition it was in and the work that had already been done so I didn't want to pass it up. Trucks with bodies this nice just don't exist around here anymore! It is getting deeper than I expected but while it's torn down this far I may as well go ahead and do it right, once, and be done with it. If I didn't do it now, it would be in the back of my head as long as I own it that I should have done it while it was apart and easy to do. It takes longer that way, but once it's done it'll really be "done".

Well, atleast until I get a wild hare to do something else to it...
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote