View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 10:39 AM   #72
Hart_Rod

Re: 69 Burb speaker/amp/sub suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
You work fast! I'm glad you're happy!

1. The x-over settings should be fine the way they are. Let me double check the manual, but as I recall, the jumper settings will raise or lower the volume of the tweeter +/- 3 db. If the tweet is too bright/harsh, then you can experiment. Otherwise, leave it alone.

2. I think the retro HU sub output is mono, so this doesn't matter. The Amp input has L -R. Usually only one input is needed, so I would say that it will work just fine with only L input. If the RCA cable from HU to amp is only a single, don't worry about it. However, it wouldn't hurt anything to also use the R input if you are using a paired RCA cable.

3. This is a simple 3 band EQ. It adjusts the tonal output of the receiver, or pick a pre-set tune, Classic/Pop/Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
In the residential world most subwoofers have L and R inputs while most receivers have a single mono output. We have found a Y cable into sub will yield a little more output. If it’s stereo out and stereo in I’d probably connect both.

It would be easy to test see if there’s a difference.

Seems like it is louder with both sub RCAs plugged in. As far as the Equalizer goes, it gives you the levels for bass/mid/trebble (1-10) and then it brings up frequency adjustments for all 3 after the subwoofer setup menu. This head unit has way to many options..... Just waiting on my custom sub box and the interior will be done! Thanks again for all your help guys!
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote