View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #53
theastronaut

Re: RnD Fabrication 1947-1954 Chevrolet & GMC Pickup & Suburban Aluminum Radiators!

Sparky emailed back today. I'm stuck with a radiator that can't be used because the filler neck was welded in the wrong location. This is 100% their fault, not mine; I didn't ask for it to be moved from the location shown in their pics. We're doing a frame-off restoration on the truck and ordered the radiator ahead of time along with a ton of other parts. I did unbox it to check for damage as soon as it arrived. I didn't notice then that the filler neck was in the wrong place at that time. I didn't assemble the front clip and catch that the filler neck was in the wrong location until around 5 months later. Because I didn't catch their mistake and notify them within the ten days of arrival I'm somehow not covered under the "one year warranty against manufactures defects". Seems like it's really a ten day warranty.

I don't feel like I'm at fault here. Or maybe I don't understand how a "one year warranty against manufactures defects" is void just because I didn't catch **their** mistake until after the ten day after arrival period.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote