View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #20
theastronaut

Re: Do they still make red oxide high build primer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
DOES NOT MATTER
If you bothered to read my first post, Because of the era I am after with this, and it will be judged on it looking the part.
A spray filler would be a no go, so will any of the brand you just can't stop yourself about.
The vehicle has to look the part of a 1970-75 , Race vehicle in testing form, NOT fully painted with all the sponsor crap and color coat.
They never were show car straight so no need for a spray filler . The materials your brand is made from are a no go because it was not USED.
Not that it matter I would not use it again, but that is imaterial here.
I post in FIRST POST. that this is for a project that needs to fit an era.
Pro painters would not use either product on a vehicle that needs to be ERA CORRECT. As doing so , kills it's value. In this case it is respect of the era and it's history not so much it's dollar value. Same reason I just don't have the vehicle wrapped, And I easily could.
So please if you can't stop being a door to door salesman for that brand and product that can't be used because you don't understand the context of ERA CORRECT. pass this thread, please. sorry if that is rude. but I made it clear at the start this is a project that needs to fit an era theme/use/build.
Same reason as much as I'd like to, I can't use coated headers, and other parts that were not used or available back then, that are now.

Your first post didn't make it clear that you were stuck on using period correct materials like lacquer primer, and that modern materials were not allowed. Just that they needed to be red oxide color. You even said "high build primer" in your first post, which in 2021 almost exclusively means 2k urethane or poly primer, and I don't think anyone was using sealer in the 70's either. You then only said that you didn't want to use SPI, you still never said that you couldn't use modern primer until you last couple of post.