View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #63
theastronaut

Re: '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
Been waiting for pics!! Don't hold out on us please. Itching to see more
Posted via Mobile Device
I know, I know. I tried yesterday morning but photobucket was down for maintenance. Will work on making a post now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
We have a couple of shops here ones a normal garage i wouldn't let touch my lawnmower let alone my car lol.From what i have learned spend the money the first time its cheaper then doing it over again.Its just nice too see some one really do body work,I have seen enough get it close enough and just down it in filler tell its smooth.I'm not anti filler it has its place but too many use it as a fix it all when its not needed.
It's cheaper to do it right the first time, and you end up with something that is actually worth something if you sell it. A bad paint job will ruin the value of a straight, solid car/truck in a hurry! I use filler but its very thin where I do use it- It goes on less than 1/16" and 80+ percent of it gets blocked off. I'm working on my metalfinishing skills so that I'm using less and less the better I get. I'd like to take a class on metalfinishing one day!
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote