View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #42
Hart_Rod

Re: 69 Burb speaker/amp/sub suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Yes use RCAs and no need to hookup speaker wire to the head unit.

It’s late and I’m too tired to look at the schematic but I run a fuse for the amp power wire near the battery.

Can’t really tell what the connector is.
Kewl. That makes sense with the RCAs (I told you I was a stereo illiterate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
There's 2 fuses built into the amp. You still need to use the fuse block supplied with the install kit. Put it as close to the battery as you can. That looks like some kind of power or ground distribution block. I don't think you need it. Here is an explanation of how to hook up power and ground. http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/5002090-post19.html
Good deal on the fuses, I didn't even think about them. It will make connecting power wire easier, Will do on the large fuse that came with the kit, I already have plans on locating it.

I almost have everything laid out (pic included). 2 more questions:

(1)Will it be a problem if I mount the the amp to the floor board? I don't normally like using screws going to the floor board, but I don't have a lot of room to do anything else without getting too complicated.

**EDIT: Would there be a problem velcro-ing the amp to the carpet underneath the seat vice screwing it to the floor???? **

(2) The stereo has a "trigger" wire labeled amp remote. It powers on when the stereo comes on. I'm assuming it connects to the amp where it is label "REM"?

Thanks both of you for all of the help and suggestions.

R
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 04-02-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote