View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #44
Hart_Rod

Re: 69 Burb speaker/amp/sub suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
Everything is looking good! That power block came with the amp; it looks like it fits exactly into the ground/rem/power lugs on the amp. Not sure why you'd need it, though.

Are you up to speed on how to set up the gain level, and filters on the amp? Don't run it until you do.

For the front speakers. 3 Options. 1- Make an angled spacer ring, it can help move the magnet, and aim the speaker better. 2- (I know you said NO to the BFH, but..) Get a small stainless steel mixing bowl (about 3" diameter) at the dollar store. Cut a hole in the kick panel where the speaker hits, and install the bowl with silicone and a couple screws. 3 - Make custom fiberglass speaker pods. I'm surprised they didn't fit. Retro has an option to load them with speakers that are 2.4" depth (maybe they install a spacer). The kick panels I have seen for other cars mount the speaker at more of an angle, which makes more clearance for the magnet.

Happy to help where I can. I know it's a little late now, but got a couple answers on the sub/ohms question. 1 guy said play it safe, only go below 2ohm if it is a high quality amp. and 2 guys said go for it, should be fine.
Thanks for the quick answers, I'll use Velcro and see how that goes as I prefer not to drill holes into the floor. I must have gotten the parts mixed up with that lug, but didn't see it listed anywhere.

It's really hard to explain, but there isn't room to recess the front speakers (refer to picture), I'll just have to figure it out another way (1" spacer probably).

I will not power it up or make any adjustments until I report back here!!! Thanks again,

Rob
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote