The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #11
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Tahoe Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Speaking of Yukons, some GMC fan needs to step up and build one!

Now back to the 'hoe! Are you sticking with the 3/4 ton gear? What wheels are you planning on running? Most importantly, have you decided to keep it?
Well for today I plan on keeping it It will not stay 3/4 ton but instead will be getting one of Nate's C-? front ends and an LFD 4 linked 9" rear. It will sit as low as Nate will let it and for wheels I am thinking 20/18's so I still have some sidewall left. No idea on the type of wheel at this point. I have a 2005 5.3L d.o.d motor with a 4L60E that cake out of a wrecked truck with 20K miles. It will be full power everything, keeping the barn doors with a few LFD touches and a 67 front clip with one of my forward tilt hoods. Newer Tahoe front seats and center console and a Tahoe second row bench. Then I have a set of the Tahoe suit case seats for the very rear that will pop in and out as needed.

We have not even talked about paint yet put I am thinking some type of two tone using the 67-68 full trim. I am thinking it will get a fare amount of airbrushing but it will not be visible to the untrained eye My wife would like to see different door handles for all five.

Then under the hood will be all hand done sheet metal to hide the tires, mount the hood catches and have a custom built in engine look along with a few added features.

I spent the better part of an 8hr day in the shop just welding up the roof slices. It is hard to believe how much slower Tig welding something like this is over Mig but it sure is allot easier to work with afterwords. I have maybe 1-2hrs of hammer and dolly work in the morning then I will finish stripping the roof and get it ready for 2 good coats of DP90.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote