The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #20
Orange Crate

Re: Steel Wheel Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
You are so right it looks like sand was left in there to me I use Reduced epoxy and syringe to get it in the crack before painting if I make a mess I’ll clean it up this way I get protection down in that seemWithout bridging the gap I also believe in single stage I also hate powder coating if you get a chip rust will creep under it and then it will come off in sheets it is used in industry because there are no solvents and not regulated by the epa it is applied to bare metal you might as well put your paint directly to bare metal there is no difference it’s a joke if you live in a wet climate I know someone’s going to disagree lol
That isn't sand, it is bubbled up from the heat. The other wheels were worse than that one. I can definitely pass along all the tips here to whoever I choose to paint the rims. Keeping the PC isn't an option as I had them re-blast them clean after two attempts.