The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #901
Crank

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

The truck looks great, and the mods all work together awesome, but pssssst, you are missing your cargo light! J/k
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #902
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
The truck looks great, and the mods all work together awesome, but pssssst, you are missing your cargo light! J/k
Brandon
Hey I had to glue in the cargo inserts before it went to glass. So it is not missing it is just hidening somewere in my shop. Now I can put that in, hang the rear view mirror and when the rest of my dyna mat gets here I can finish up the fire wall, cab corners, the inside of the doors and behing the door panels with mat. Tuesday I will drop off the interior and seat heaters to let the interior guys stitch things up. Then Friday the line-x gets done and over the next few weeks I will get the rims done and new tires put on her. That will leave the cruise control and a few small items to wrap up.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 02-19-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #903
hotrodhomi

where are you getting your interior done?
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #904
NTR72GMC
2wd FTW!!!!

Quote:
I leave for my day job at 3:30am and get hoime with my son at 3:30pm so we can get together for dinner and B.S.ing. I have alot of great places to eat right around my house. So is you training at Los Gillicos or what ever it is? I did my EMT training their back when I was with the fire dept.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Its training for work I work at a audi dealership tuesday I have product training than the next day I get to beat up audi's on a race track.
NTR72GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #905
nuke1

That is looking great kevin, i think you have struck a jealous bone in my body with that truck of yours....
J.J.R.H. Design & Consulting

My 68`Rebuild "HAVOC": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316300
A 58' chev build thread: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=311238
1969 Camaro Pro Touring http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...61#post3513361
Swiss Cheese: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384390
Adjustable Trailing Arm How-To: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=321100
1968 Ford Farm Truck: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6555587
nuke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #906
Crank

If I ever had just a small list of things like that to do, hell it'd take me a year, between trying to get time and money to make those things happen... Your build however is incredibly well thought out, crafted, and custom, and all for a garbage truck... Whatever you wanna tell yourself. Lol
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #907
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhomi View Post
where are you getting your interior done?
see post 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTR72GMC View Post
Its training for work I work at a audi dealership tuesday I have product training than the next day I get to beat up audi's on a race track.
So what time do you get in to town. Give me a call Monday I am off and wil just be cleaning the shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
If I ever had just a small list of things like that to do, hell it'd take me a year, between trying to get time and money to make those things happen... Your build however is incredibly well thought out, crafted, and custom, and all for a garbage truck... Whatever you wanna tell yourself. Lol
Brandon
Well lets just see how long it will be before I get those items finished up. Starting next weekend I am back on project Trazer untill it is finished so mine will sit for a bit. Oh and we call her a dump runner, garbage truck just sounds dirty!

This build thread is almost over but don't worry I alread have LowBucks Big Brother picked out for a real cool build.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:53 PM   #908
SactoJim

Kevin,

First of all, Low Buck has turned out fricken beautiful. you've done an outstanding job at implimenting many subtle mods that not only work very well together, but make your truck unique.

You also have bragging rights to doing it all yourself....talk about talent. You don't seem too afraid of taking on any mod, including paint and body which can turn out to be a nightmare to the typical novice.

Another really cool thing is that you've built an exceptional driver with a FI motor, overdrive, AC, cruise control (coming), and even seat warmers!.....WHAT, no navigation system!

you've also done a fantastic job of documenting your progress of the build and I'm sure we all look forward to the next.

Hope I get the opportunity to see Low Buck this "car show season" and shake your hand.
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:29 AM   #909
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoJim View Post
Kevin,

First of all, Low Buck has turned out fricken beautiful. you've done an outstanding job at implimenting many subtle mods that not only work very well together, but make your truck unique.

You also have bragging rights to doing it all yourself....talk about talent. You don't seem too afraid of taking on any mod, including paint and body which can turn out to be a nightmare to the typical novice.

Another really cool thing is that you've built an exceptional driver with a FI motor, overdrive, AC, cruise control (coming), and even seat warmers!.....WHAT, no navigation system!

you've also done a fantastic job of documenting your progress of the build and I'm sure we all look forward to the next.

Hope I get the opportunity to see Low Buck this "car show season" and shake your hand.
Thank you very much. I would like to see you and your truck at a show this summer but I wil leave mine home, it does not even compair to the truck that you have put together. It ok I'll tow yours to the show and leave it in the lot In another month or two they wil start the down town show here in winters and you should come on by.
What do you mean by "WHAT, no navigation system!" don't you know I'm married!!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:17 AM   #910
NTR72GMC
2wd FTW!!!!

Quote:
So what time do you get in to town. Give me a call Monday I am off and wil just be cleaning the shop.
ILL BE IN SAN FRANCISCO AT 7:30AM ON THE 19TH. ILL GIVE YOU A CALL TODAY ON MY LUNCH BREAK.
NTR72GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #911
Rokcrln

tripp
I just wanted to put a shout out and a big thank you to a fellow board member Tripp. He took the time to find a set of center caps for my truck and the conversion lugs on E-bay and PM'd the info to me. I don't have an e-bay account set up so I asked if he would not mind bidding on it for me. He did, paid for it and is having it dropped shipped right to my house. We have never meet or done buisness but he was willing to do this for me with out question. So I just want to make sure everyone knows what kind of people we have on this site! Let's keep it this way, we all benifit from it.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTR72GMC View Post
ILL BE IN SAN FRANCISCO AT 7:30AM ON THE 19TH. ILL GIVE YOU A CALL TODAY ON MY LUNCH BREAK.
Sounds good!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #912
tripp

i'm looking for pics when you get your center caps. i received your paypal, all is well.

tripp
72 Suburban
72 2wd Blazer
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:38 AM   #913
slammed1
1972 Chevrolet SWB

That was a cool deal you got on the centercaps. I cant wait to see it with them on either.

1972 Chevrolet 1/2 ton short wide bed,68 frt clip Project.
1980 Camaro Inherited when father passed,68K Miles
2003 Ford Mach1 FUN as Hell!!
2002 Dodge Ram 5-8 slam Rolling BillBoard (Gone not forgot)
2004 Dodge Ram HEMI 10" lifted on 37's and 2wd.
slammed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #914
TonyJohnson

Wow... I started this thread at 8:00 am and couldn't put it down. Finally finished at 3:55 and I've got to say thanks!

The thing I love about what you've done is the subtle, almost stock, look of it. Having read the entire thread I know how much modification went into it and it's not over the top in the slightest. Very tasteful and smart choices. Very close to the perfect truck.

I can't wait for the Blazer build!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #915
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripp View Post
i'm looking for pics when you get your center caps. i received your paypal, all is well.

tripp
I am looking forward to it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJohnson View Post
Wow... I started this thread at 8:00 am and couldn't put it down. Finally finished at 3:55 and I've got to say thanks!

The thing I love about what you've done is the subtle, almost stock, look of it. Having read the entire thread I know how much modification went into it and it's not over the top in the slightest. Very tasteful and smart choices. Very close to the perfect truck.

I can't wait for the Blazer build!
WOW that was one long read! Thanks that is just howe I wanted it to come off to others.
Ya the Blazer will be one of a kind. It will also be very subtle but very wild at the same time. To bad the build will not be public untill it is ready to be shown

Well the latest on LowBuck is the interior should be ready this week, the rest of my Dyna mat came this week along with my new cruise control. I also ordered new seat belts from ECE that came today and they seem to be very well built. They are the 3pt belts with the center belt as well. Maybe in a few weeks I will have time to install it all.
So when all said and done it will be a 70 SWB CST with PB, PS, CC, Tilt, Disk brakes, AC, EFI, AOD, CD and I forget what else!
Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 02-28-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #916
paintpyro

Kevin, sounds like you need to change the name to Project Acronym
rallys and BFGs
-We can rebuild it, we have the technology-lower,shinier,faster
paintpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:22 AM   #917
see ten
WTB this ad

I scanned this image out of an old issue of CARtoons over the weekend. It's how I imagine it would be to see Kevin at work!

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:25 AM   #918
Rokcrln

Nope I hold the tortch in my right and feed with my left! But in the summer the sweat is about right.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #919
GREASEMONKEY72

see ten - that pics awesome

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #920
slammed1
1972 Chevrolet SWB

Any new pics or updates. Im excited to see the rims painted a different color sporting the new style centercaps.

Did you ever say whats being done with the frt bumper? Driving lights in the holes or trading for a smooth one?

1972 Chevrolet 1/2 ton short wide bed,68 frt clip Project.
1980 Camaro Inherited when father passed,68K Miles
2003 Ford Mach1 FUN as Hell!!
2002 Dodge Ram 5-8 slam Rolling BillBoard (Gone not forgot)
2004 Dodge Ram HEMI 10" lifted on 37's and 2wd.
slammed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #921
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Smooth one would be CLEAN!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #922
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed1 View Post
Any new pics or updates. Im excited to see the rims painted a different color sporting the new style centercaps.

Did you ever say whats being done with the frt bumper? Driving lights in the holes or trading for a smooth one?
Well the center caps have not shown up yet so I have not pulled the wheels to repaint ether. My air compressor to a cr@p so the Line-x money went to that for now. I have the Cruse control half way installed and my interior is ready to be picked up on Monday with the heated seats installed ready to go. The rest of my Dyna matt is here and just waiting for time to install as are the 3pt seat belts from ECE with a center belt for my son. I have been working on a customers vehical so mine is just sitting for right now but should be finished up in the next few weeks as time allows.
My next problem I think is going to be a head gasket job because I am getting alot of water out the exhaust. Once I determine if that is the problem I wil pull it down, check everything out and if all is good I wil order the ZZ4 cam kit for it while I am on the inside. That will put me over 420hp with the reprogram from Painless on their high rpm computer I have

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #923
Rokcrln

Well we got the seats back today and they look great! I highly recomend Supreme Interiors in Oakland to anyone in or out of the area needing quality work done. So one day when I get the time to put in the rest of my Dyna Mat, run the wires for the heated seats, new carpet then I can put in the seats, door panels, new carpet thresh hold, door speakers and new door and window cranks and call it ready for the road. Well ready for the road pending my water problem with the motor. I have people telling me Flowmasters have been known to colect alot of water but I wil be doing a carbon test this week to rule out the head gaskets I hope.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #924
PBFAB.COM

We have seen lots of condensation build-up in the exhasut on the majority of our LS1 swaps with Flowmaster and Magnaflow mufflers... it can make you paranoid! Do the block test and double-check... but my guess is that it's just normal condensation.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #925
jrdv

Those seats turned out great. Keep up the excellent work!
jrdv is offline   Reply With Quote