The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoyz View Post
Man you sure got a Lot done Today, Your Son did a Great Job with the Blaster. You Made some memories with him today that will be Priceless as Time goes on..........

Great Job & Look Forward to watching more of your Father & Son Exploits on the Build.

Rick
Thanks! My younger two are spending a couple weeks visiting their mom and so this has been a great chance for Tristan and me to do some more bonding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
holy cow...brave kid blasting with a T-shirt on. I'm a wuss cause I hated blasting my frame with coveralls, gloves, hood, mask...

looks like that blaster of yours works pretty well... you have a large compressor?
Currently at 10 PM here it's still 78° and 89% humidity. Even long sleeves woulda killed us in today's heat working in direct sun. LOL! He didn't stick with the blasting for long -- said it felt like his hands were asleep with the tingling from the media ricochet. Didn't want him to do it for long, just long enough that he could see visible progress and know that he had done something.

My compressor is a 5HP 60-gallon single-stage. Can't remember the specs for CFM but I wanna say low-mid teens at 90PSI and a max pressure of 155PSI. Good unit for the price and I bought it specifically with media blasting in mind, so I've been pleased with the results. On the other hand, I'm tremendously disappointed with the crappy pressurized blasting tank setup -- terribly cheap nozzle that barely works. Ended up switching over to the Dee Blast siphon setup I bought this spring. Only bought it for the gun and eventually I'm hoping to convert this pressurized tank into a PA Blaster-type of setup instead.

Attached is a pic of what my arms looked like after blasting for awhile in a t-shirt.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 08-03-2008 at 11:10 PM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote