The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Engine and Drivetrain > LSx Related

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Project_70'

Exclamation LS Swap 70c10 Need help

Okay to start off with i am sorry if this has already been talked about here, but i am new to using forums, i created this account last year and never got around to asking but anyways to my questions and concerns.
I am in the process of trying to find a 5.3 LS for my truck and i've been doing a lot of research the past week or so and i have some concerns that i haven yet been able to clear. My first concern is on the transmission linkage. I plan on using the stock TH350(Financial reasons) that came with the 350/350 combo from the factory. now when i mate the TH350 to the 5.3 will my stock linkage still hook up and work? I will be using Dirty Dingo mounts that are adjustable for this reason, in case i have to push it forward or backward some. My Second concern is the drive shaft. Will the stock fit? Will i have to have a custom one made? Also i'm not planning to use A/C But i want to use P/S. Will the power steering pumps to these late model style trucks work with the older style gear box? Sorry if these questions can be easily answered somewhere else, if so someone please link me. i've tried my best on the web to find some info on these topics but it seems every time i find a swap on one of these types of trucks they arent very thorough on these specific topics. any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Project_70' is offline   Reply With Quote