The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
LUCKIN-FOU
I'M NOT SCARED I HAVE A PLASMA

S-10 BLAZER ON BOSS 338's

01] So this 86 S-10 came in the shop today. It's nothing crazy stock 350 CID crate engine with 8-1compression. With a turbo 350 backing it up. This Blazer has some miles on it. Both engine mounts, chassis mounts, and transmission mount were broken so the engine was just laying on the center link. The upper control arm mount on both sides were cracked as well as some cracks in the chassis. The drive shaft was hitting the floor by the rear U-joint. That means I have a bunch of work to do. So I have decided to do the engine mounts first. Nothing crazy just fix the mounts. So I ordered some Prothane engine and transmission mounts.

Now comes the fun stuff Boss 338s' 20X10 for the rear with 18X8 up front. I'll make some new control arms for the front after I do the rear suspension. After removing the Stock rear end I mocked up the wheel and tire combo.

The tubing that I'm going to use on the truck for the rails is 2x3x.120 wall . I didn't make the rails as long as I normally do. This will make by bars shorter than I like but I'll make it work.
I decided to go with a triangulated 4-Bar. This was I don't have to use a locator on the rear. The top bars are shorter than I like, but that's ok. They are still longer that a factory full size car from the 70's.
garageinsidertv.com [FORUM]

WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T FISH. I GUESS I'M SCREWED BECAUSED I HATE FISHING.
LUCKIN-FOU is offline   Reply With Quote