The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #22
shearjs

Re: Project: Rufus Restoration

Maybe it's just me as I get older, but the Black Widow mufflers were a little too much for me. They sounded great at idle, but that was where it ended for me. The claim is true, there's absolutely no drone, and at highway speed, they're essentially silent. The problem for me was from 1500-3000 rpm. The raspy cackling sound just isn't my thing. With all that being said, I made the jump back to my Magnaflows. They are mellow at idle and cruising and come alive at WOT. Perfect for a night out with the wife or hauling the babies around.

On a side note, we've had the opportunity to add another classic to the stable, 1952 Pontiac Chieftain. This old Poncho is in pretty solid shape and is mostly original. It had a restoration about 45 years ago and has been stored indoors since 1983. She runs and drives pretty well for a boat.
Attached Images

shearjs is offline   Reply With Quote