The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
Jamie @ Doug Thorley

The LS1 swap headers are done!!!!

The part number for these is thy324y-c. (pic #2)

The price with your member discount is $528 ceramic coated . Mention this board and your user name to Nick Thompson (sales) @ 951-739-5900.

The headers come with all necessary bolts, gaskets and reducers.

All headers are pre-polished before coating.The standard finish is ceramic coating.

All headers are made from 14ga. tubing and 3/8" flanges.

Every header is pressure tested on site for leaks.

These headers were developed using the Classic performance products motor mount/cross member system but they have been tested on a trucks equipped with Early classic enterprises (Hart_rod) as well as home made motor mounts (Mike @ meshwerks).

The headers are designed to work with both 4L60 and 4L80 transmissions.

You will need to purchase a flexible engine oil dipstick such as the Lokar ED-5800 or equavalent.

In addition, you will need to purchase a good set of plug wires. We used the MSD adjustables but there are other less expensive alternatives. (pic #1)

We think the headers will also work on the 73-87 trucks and a test fit is on the way to verify that.

It's been a long and winding road to get to this point but this is what true R&D is about and I think we nailed it. Having said that, I would also like to thank the the following members for all the hard work and information they provided. Their commitment to our hobby is what makes cars and trucks fun and I could not have done this without you guys.

Rob Hartley aka Hart_Rod
Mike and kevin sheidle aka Meshwerks
John aka pcmcobra

And everyone else that sent me pics...

Dave Cary aka 68custom
John Stevens

I may have forgotten about a few of you but you know who you are and You guys rock.

If you guys/gals have questions about the design aspects of this header please call me @ (951) 371-1744 and I will be happy to answer any questions you my have.

Thanks,
Jamie Joyce
Design engineer, Doug Thorley headers
Attached Images

Last edited by Jamie @ Doug Thorley; 04-11-2008 at 07:19 PM.