The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
1957 Chief
Proud Vet that loves the USA

Sandy~~1984 C10 L86/4L80 build

So decided to do a build thread on Sandy, as she is known.

It all started last year after returning from LS Fest. My buddy, who went with me and my 1986 C10, called me and said he wanted to build a Squarebody. So we started searching from Oklahoma to the Atlantic Ocean. We saw a lot of trucks, only to leave each time with an empty trailer. Low and behold I found one 50 miles from my house, in the same town as my mom and dad live. Showed up the next morning and bought the truck.

She is a 1984 C10 Custom Deluxe with only ONE option, AC. Manual steering, manual brakes, no radio, no cig lighter... She had 64,000 original miles and is powered by a 250 I6 with 3 on the tree. She came from Clarksville, AR, and was the parts delivery truck for the local dealership there.

As soon as we got the truck home, we put put a 5/7 drop on and put all new brakes, hoses and ball joints. The truck was driven daily until the original radiator started leaking and couldn't be fixed. At that time instead of buying a new radiator for the 6cyl, that we decided that we would just pull the trigger and go all out.

Here are some stock photos:
Attached Images

1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote