The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
theastronaut

64-66 Restored/Detailed Factory V8 Tach Cluster

I'm thinking about selling my tach cluster since I have two of them and the tach won't be adequate for the LSx engine I have planned for my truck. It's been cosmetically restored but I have no way to check the gauges. The lens is new and buffed for better clarity, the frame was glass bead blasted and cleared/painted the original green inside, the gauges have vinyl decals over the faces, and the needles are repainted. The bezel was bead blasted, the casting flash smoothed, primed, and wetsanded smooth before painting. It has new bulbs, the lighting tubes are in good condition, and the wiring is on good condition. The over speed and tand'm lock warning light lenses are new peices I made. Thee odometer works, and is reset to 00,000. I also put dense foam anti rattle bumpers inbetween the lens and bezel as the factory did. Other than testing the gauges themselves (which show no signs of damage) I don't think anything could be done to make the cluster any better.

What's it worth?

Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
McCoyAZ

Re: 64-66 Restored/Detailed Factory V8 Tach Cluster

I just saw that on Ebay.....did it sell?
McCoyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
theastronaut

Re: 64-66 Restored/Detailed Factory V8 Tach Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoyAZ View Post
I just saw that on Ebay.....did it sell?
No, it was only bid up to $415.00. An unrestored one sold for $310 last week, so I had the reserve set higher thinking it was worth more. I would have thought with all the detailing I put into it would have brought more than that. There was an unrestored/untested cluster with a tach and vacuum gauge went for $812.00 (!!!) a few weeks ago on ebay; I might be best off to restore a vacuum gauge for it and relist it. I'll try it on here first and see what it does.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote