The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2007, 03:03 AM   #1
Frizzle Fry

Re: 1969 Burb build-up (Bags, 5.3/4L60E, repaint, interior....)

Glad everyone is ok. Thank God for modern safety equipment! Guess we need to figure out how to put airbags in these things, huh?

Good news on the Burb schedule! What's your timeline?
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
Hart_Rod

Re: 1969 Burb build-up (Bags, 5.3/4L60E, repaint, interior....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmcobra View Post
wow,
Rob, that sux. Glad they turned out ok.
Thanks John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfull View Post
Good news on your daughter! I've got twins about to start drivers ed this Summer, that should be fun. As for the burb, you and Mike amaze me, the ingenious ideas you guys have come up with are really impressive. Keep up the good work and the good posts. Greg.
Thanks Greg, two at once, I don't envy you. Courtney, my daughter is very level head and very dependable. I'm confident in her (she learned how to drive witha stick shift and drove it for almost a year), it's just all the other drivers out there that really worry me. It just goes to show you, know matter how safe you are, if some one else does something stupid, accidents can still happen. I think she learned a good lesson about paying more attention to other drivers on the road. Thanks for the props on the Burb! It's always cool when your concepts end up coming out as cool as you planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Glad everyone is ok. Thank God for modern safety equipment! Guess we need to figure out how to put airbags in these things, huh?

Good news on the Burb schedule! What's your timeline?
Thanks Mike, other than the cars getting crunched, it couldn't have turned out any better. Now the only issue will be the insurance companies, they will probably say the car can be fixed, but I don't want it back. I know there are some good repair companies out there, but the stygma place on a car by carfax nowadays, I probably couldn't give the car away. I guess we'll see.

As for the Burb, if we can have it painted by the end of July, I think I can get it put back together. I only have a few more big parts to buy, a/c, EFI harness, and a bunch of smaller misc stuff.... I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 06-03-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote