The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board > Blazer and Suburban Stuff

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2017, 08:47 AM   #11
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Parting 72 burb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
That would be great. I think the bottom of area of the door opening and the top area of the door opening are different. Dunno bout anything on the sides of the opening. You should be able to tell pretty easily though considering you have em both right next to each other =)
CG
You might want to look Powdercougar up as he was in the middle of doing this very conversion. I have attached pictures that hopefully you can see clearly enough. the lower sill plate as well as the header on a tailgate model look to already have the proper embossings to go with barn doors and the side pillars already have the holes for the hinge bolts and the slots for the hinges to go in.
Your existing tailgate strikers that bolt to the body are the same as the barn door ones they just need to be relocated. You would end up with a recess area in the lower sill plate where the old tailgate hinges were unless you swap it out or weld in a patch area. The one I have is rusty on the ends so it would only be good for patches at best. I can cut out anything you need. You will also need different door struts (I have a pair). I can also make a paper template for all the hole drilling, if needed. I have most of the internal guts for the barn doors but do not have the lock or exterior handle. Let me know if this helps or what you might need and we can go from there.

The white one is barn door the green one is tailgate model

Richard

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote