View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #37
theastronaut

Re: 1940 Packard 120 Convertible Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
Just amazing but it's always is amazing.
Hey add my name to the list of if I ever hit the lotto my first call will be to your shop to schedule to drop off my truck.
I think chevyrestoguy and 67ChevyRedneck have you beat on that one.

Started on the braces that attach to or around the inner rocker. This one is the front floor/body mount brace that also goes up the inside of the kick panel. The deep recess with a curve in the middle made it a challenge. I wasn't able to stretch the center enough to make it in once piece so I used two pieces and formed the inner recess over a wooden/bondo buck. I'll make the top part from a separate piece and weld them together.

This is one of the parts that was too far gone to use for patterns. The other side was better but still not 100%.

Ugliest wooden buck in the history of wooden bucks... This was my second attempt at this, the part came out too small the first time. The part has an offset curve to the upper half so I made the buck shaped for one side, made the part, then built the buck back up with body filler and reshaped it to make it fit the other side.

Rear brace for the inner rocker. This ties the inner rocker to the fenderwell and floor.

Probably the most challenging part of the whole car. This brace goes inside the inner rocker under the hydraulic ram for the convertible top.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote