theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build 2.0- '66 Short/Fleet BBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
You sir do excellent work.
You attention to detail is perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Its hard to tell which pics are the before and which are the after....bha ha ha.
Your attention to detail is next level.

Marc

No attention to detail on this one so far, just making it clean-ish. I didn't even blast/paint the brake hardware that was reused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrusk View Post
John did you have any interference with the front wheel and lower control arm with the dropped spindle?
They fit when I had the drum brakes on, the tie rod clearance was tight though. A small spacer might've been needed. They don't clear the calipers though, the drop center is in the way since the rim is reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
Wow what great luck to finally acquire this truck after trying for so long. I'll follow your progress.
I'm curious about the mod to the A arm shaft to move the arm ahead 3/4". I've not seen this done before. Can you expand on your rationale for doing it?
Pretty stoked to have it, I've been itching for another driver/beater like the last blue and white '66 ever since I sold it in 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Moving the lower arms forward adds Caster so the truck has a modern caster value that works better w/modern tire technology:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ght=caster+mod
I'll post the new alignment specs once I get that far, I'm shooting for around 7 degrees of caster.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote