View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 01:03 PM   #51
Hart_Rod

Re: Sandy~~1984 C10 L86/4L80 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957 Chief View Post
Well good news on the tuning front...my friends at GPI got it whipped. Went down there yesterday and talked to Aaron Salisbury about the next steps for getting the truck lined out. Aaron is a great friend of mine and the head of GPI and a really smart fella. That morning I woke up not knowing what the solution would be, whether it was changing the wiring harness with a factory ecu, or changing the camshaft to one with a stock fuel lobe. I just didn't know and that sucked...were 60 days out from LS fest and that's our target. Aaron and I discussed what was already done to the truck and what it was doing, wouldn't idle worth a flip, and would die after letting off the gas and couldn't do a foot brake. Aaron pulled up all the different specs on the terminator, and went to work. Him and Ryan spent the better part of an afternoon getting the truck happy. He sent me a video about 430 that afternoon with the truck performing like it should. Man what a relief...

I wish I was smart enough to post up the video, but I'm not ha ha. Maybe someone can help me.

So next week ill go get the truck, bring it home to service the AC and take it back to them so they can drive it and do some more tuning on it.

Man Im so thankful for Aaron, Ryan and Ben for figuring this out. And thankful for my good buddy Chris for trusting me and letting me build this truck. He lives in GA and hasn't seen it in person since the week before Christmas. When we started this I told him I would build this truck for free, that's the kind of friend he is.

But I did tell him when he sees it again he will need to buy new rear tires...

Bubba
Glad they got it figured out. What was the issue if you don't mind sharing?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote