View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 06:46 PM   #56
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build 2.0- '66 Short/Fleet BBW

Got the dual circuit m/c swap finished up a couple weeks ago. I ended up chopping the combination valve in half and plugging the rear of it. I forgot that with the shuttle valve removed that the inside would no longer be separated front/rear, so chopping off the rear half and plugging it was the only way to turn the combination valve into just a hold off valve. I used a CPP 1" master cylinder, Wilwood prop valve in the rear line, the residual valve is down at the crossmember where the new rear line crosses over, and the hold off valve is mounted in the front line near the master cylinder.

I drove it up to a Festiva meet in Asheville last weekend, first time it's been more than 15-20 miles away from home. I put about 270 miles on it in a couple of days with no issues, and it easily handled the really tight and curvy highway 178 between Pickens SC and Rosman NC. While I was in Asheville I picked up a set of seats that a friend of mine had grabbed off Marketplace for me a few months ago, they'll be a perfect fit for my '92 Capri build.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote