View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 11:36 PM   #65
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build 2.0- '66 Short/Fleet BBW

After a few months of searching I finally found a vintage camper shell that fits it pretty well. Been wanting a shell so I could upgrade from camping in a tent when going to Festiva meets. I've started building a half wall to fit under the hatch with the tailgate open to mount a 5k btu window AC unit for summer trips. According to the previous owner was on a mid 60s F100 since new or nearly new and always stored in a barn/shed. It's wood framed and has zero rot. I haven't found any manufacture markings on it or old sales brochures of matching shells so I'm not sure who made it.

Shiny new parts, found a killer deal on a new Borgeson 12:1 quick ratio power box on ebay. Can't wait to get this installed, the stock steering plus extra caster with wheel spacers that ruin the scrub radius geometry really make it hard to steer in parking lots. I've located a set of pump brackets locally but still need to go pick them up.

Took it to the local Father's Day downtown car show, and got to see Jay and his super slick truck again.

Dad and I drove the truck to lunch one day last fall and spotted the Google street view camera car so we followed it down a few roads. I finally remembered to check street view to see if it captured us following it.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote