View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 12:52 AM   #69
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build 2.0- '66 Short/Fleet BBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunschweiger View Post
Great implementation and the team looks great, that's quite a bit of weight.
I'm from Germany and we're only allowed to drive at a maximum speed of 100 km/h/60mph with a trailer and special approval.
You're pretty fast on the road, have the strict speed rules in the federal state been relaxed?
Don't get me wrong, for us Europeans the USA stands for 55mph and there are police everywhere to monitor it.

The nationwide 55 mph limit hasn't been in effect since the mid 90s. Our usual interstate speed limit is 65-70 on interstates in my state, but its very loosely enforced around here; its common to drive 80-85 in the left lane in 65 mph zones. I only saw maybe 3-4 state troopers on the interstates on my last trip to NC and back. Out west the speed limit is 80 on some of the interstates. Anyone can tow a trailer, no special license or permission needed unless its over 26,000 pounds. I could only find speed restrictions for towing "house trailers" in SC, those are limited to 45 mph. I pretty much stayed in the outside or middle lane at 60-65 mph on my way home, but on the way to the show I met some friends in Asheville and they were running 70-75 most of the way to Raleigh, but the speed limits in North Carolina are higher than in South Carolina.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote