View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 09:52 PM   #204
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Of course no update would be complete without the purchase of another Festiva or Capri, or three...

I saw this '92 GL posted in the Festiva group on Facebook for $250 and had to have it. No rust, not wrecked, and clean title. I commented and said that I'd take it and a friend of mine commented and said that he had a shell that I could have and that I should stop and check it out on my way back from picking up the '92.

So when I stopped to check out the shell this was sitting in his driveway. I knew he hadn't had it before, and he'd never mentioned it so I asked about it. The owner was getting too old to drive so he wanted his daughter to take it by my friend's house to see if he was interested. They'd never met before, the owner just knew my friend was into Festivas by the amount of Festivas in his yard. They only wanted $700 for it so he bought it on the spot. It looked pretty decent and he mentioned he might not keep it so I put my name in the hat in case he ever did sell it.

So I get a text about a month later, and it ended up in my collection.

The body is really nice but the interior was gross so I started cleaning it up, and everything I touched ended up looking new once it was detailed.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote